CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   which wire harness do i need? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/wire-harness-do-i-need-111333/)

itsgroll 05-28-2010 09:04 AM

which wire harness do i need?

theives tried to steal my bike last week, and in doing so they cut the 4 wires (ignition wires im guessing) that lead up to the key and bridge. I spliced them back to gether ghetto style just to be able to ride the bike, but they should really be replaced.
Here is a diagram of all the wires on the bike:
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/..._HARNESS_01-03
i cannot figure out which wire harness i need that will replace these 4 cut wires.
if you guys can help me out that be great, thanks :)

redzintimidator 05-28-2010 09:15 AM

Just Solder and shrink wrap the wires back together, it will be better than new! If you need to add additional lengths of wire in, make sure its the same gauge wire as the existing wire. If you need help how to do this, i can write up a tutorial :-D

itsgroll 05-28-2010 04:56 PM

bump...for more useful information and for someone that can answer my question

letsride 05-28-2010 05:01 PM

I can check when I get home if I still have mine,maybe I can be of more help that way.

Kuroshio 05-28-2010 05:38 PM

Where exactly did they cut in? Did they cut the bike's actual harness?

The ignition has its own wires and connector. If they cut at that point, you can only buy a new switch assembly: 35100-MBW-673 SWITCH ASSY. Item #3.

If they cut the harness, I think what you're looking for is item 7 on the link you supplied. The front sub-harness

itsgroll 05-29-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 926967)
I can check when I get home if I still have mine,maybe I can be of more help that way.

great! thanks i will most def buy it off ya

itsgroll 05-29-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 926974)
Where exactly did they cut in? Did they cut the bike's actual harness?

The ignition has its own wires and connector. If they cut at that point, you can only buy a new switch assembly: 35100-MBW-673 SWITCH ASSY. Item #3.

If they cut the harness, I think what you're looking for is item 7 on the link you supplied. The front sub-harness

i wish i could take a pic for ya but the bike is up at a friends house because i dont have a garage. i wont be able to see the bike until next thursday...but i will try and explain what wires:

the theives cut the 4 wires that come directly out of the 'key box unit' ( i dont know what the technicall term is). Where you place your key and 'turn' if you follow down about 3 inches past the bridge you will see a set of wires, THOSE are what got cut. i believe on the wires its written "ground" "power" "ignition" and i cant remeber what the forth is. but you get the idea ;)

thanks for your help

Kuroshio 05-29-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by itsgroll (Post 927190)
i wish i could take a pic for ya but the bike is up at a friends house because i dont have a garage. i wont be able to see the bike until next thursday...but i will try and explain what wires:

the theives cut the 4 wires that come directly out of the 'key box unit' ( i dont know what the technicall term is). Where you place your key and 'turn' if you follow down about 3 inches past the bridge you will see a set of wires, THOSE are what got cut. i believe on the wires its written "ground" "power" "ignition" and i cant remeber what the forth is. but you get the idea ;)

thanks for your help

If they cut it before the connector, side closest to the key, it's not part of the bike's wire harness. That's part of the ignition assembly. Learned that the hard way wiring up my first alarm

letsride 05-29-2010 01:09 PM

Sounds like you need either a new ignition or splice the wires back together as previously explained.