CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   windscreen question (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/windscreen-question-94479/)

PRAIRieSPARKie 05-30-2009 12:33 AM

windscreen question

Hey all, newbie here! This is my first bike bought it about a year ago,could not have asked for a better starter bike! Its an 02 F4i,pretty much stock other than upgraded muzzy slip on,carbon fibre (look like) mirrors,clutch and front brake handles.Anyways it has tons of jam and is tons of fun.

Currently Ive got intergrated lights and undertail combo, and proton flushmounts that I havent installed yet.Currently seeking out a wicked cool looking windscreen,anyone have a suggestion for brand or make model?
I have a buddy who bought a double bubble and installed it on a brand new 1000 cbr (2000 km) ,he was parked in the sun one afternoon and came out from work and the sun had reflected off the inside of the aftermarket windscreen on to the instrument cluster and melted it!:eek:
Hope this doesnt happen with windscreen i choose.

Thanks for the help,this forum kicks ass ! :D

Uniqsol 05-30-2009 01:03 AM

I just got a DB tinted windscreen off eBay for about $35. It went on super easy and looks awesome. Plus it makes a BIG difference when you are going highway/freeway speeds...I dont have to duck down as far to get under the wind, so I can ride in a much more comfortable position. I dont typically leave my bike out in the sun, so I cant comment on that, but it looks great. Plus, for about half the price of a Zero Gravity screen its a win-win situation. There's my 2 cents.

Blove1991 05-30-2009 06:51 AM

I also just purchased a tinted windscreen off eBay and it also seems to be just right. Knowing my luck something like that will happen to me

f4irider84 05-30-2009 10:29 AM

Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen

Uniqsol 05-30-2009 10:51 AM

Is there still a risk of the DB melting the gauges when it is tinted VERY dark? The one I got is uber dark...with my tinted visor I can barely see through it, which actually isnt a big deal for me since I dont duck down that far anyway. I assume the DB screens that are melting gauges are the clear or light smoke ones, that act like a magnifying glass...but with a dark tint I cant imagine that could/would happen.

PRAIRieSPARKie 05-30-2009 01:37 PM

Sweet thanks for the info guys,gonna check out the double bubble on ebay then,anything other than the stock clear scratched up one i got on now will be an improvement im sure,and yes probably shouldt be left in the sun

RojerLockless 05-30-2009 02:02 PM

any double bubble *may* do this it just depends on how hot it gets + where you live ect and if you park your bike in the sun for long enough.

jp_greenville13 05-30-2009 08:59 PM

If you just want to get rid of the scratches you could wet-sand it. If you go that route feel free to ask me how and I'll explain

chetman7 05-30-2009 09:32 PM

check out zgoutlet.com