F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

windscreen?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windscreen?

In my normal riding position I can't see the tach. over 7,000. I would like a little more protection also. Here is the new one I'm looking at the double bubble : http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...sptbks/404.htm.
Anyone have the same complaint and tried this screen? I wouldn't be opposed to the touring sceen if it is the one that solve the problem.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Default RE: windscreen?

I had the double bubble on my 2000 f4 and it made a noticable difference.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the sport touring on my 954 and it gives me the best protection.Wind just goes over my helmet.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:18 AM

Double bubblehelps with wind mostlyduringtuck position, but not completely - for me it justmoved wind pressure from forehead to shoulders (which is still better). But plastic quality is not near as good asstock, it has worse visibility and probably two times thinner. Also dark smoke may look cool but if you like to tuck, better take clear one because it is higher and you won't be able to see much.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:56 AM

I first got the puig db for mine..Fit was (to me) kinda poor ,it had small gaps between the screen and body.Wind protection was not much better than the stocker unless you are tucked.

If just normal riding ,i actually enjoy the zero gravity touring shield a LOT more.More protection in the normal riding position,fits the bike like a stock screen(no gaps).
Looks wise the DB "looks" better but for real world i like the ZG better.

Check here:
http://www.zgoutlet.com/ then look under clearence section.. I got my touring screen for 25.00 plus shipping..Its a 2nd but i can not tell it is..Plus its hard to beat the pricing..

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 AM

I'm wondering if the Sport Touring screen would be better for me for commuting? 100 miles per day r/t...don't like having to be in the tuck for 80% of that trip...is you Sport Tourer clear or a color? Can you see through it?

Goose

Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Goose Rider

I'm wondering if the Sport Touring screen would be better for me for commuting? 100 miles per day r/t...don't like having to be in the tuck for 80% of that trip...is you Sport Tourer clear or a color? Can you see through it?

Goose
WOrks great for me.I commute 85~90 miles daily. You can get them in any color.I got mine in light smoke and its not bad to see thru.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM

Easy to swap out windscreens?

Now does your head get really buffeted now with the sport screen?

Goose

Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Goose Rider

Easy to swap out windscreens?

Now does your head get really buffeted now with the sport screen?

Goose
Swap takes maybe 5 mins (that includes moving the rubber inserts to the new screen).

Ive tested between my DB and touring..Night and day..Still have a lot of buffeting with the DB and with the touring screen its a LOT better..Still have some but nothing like it was stock or with the DB.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

What about the gadges? Certainly I'm not the only one tall enough to not be able to read them after 7,000 rpm when up-right. Did either one of these fix the problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windscreen?