F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Why do...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do...

okay so I've been trying to figure this out, but why do people buy new F4i's? Considering that the only difference between the 01 and 06 bikes are the subframe and seat are different (uglier imo), so why buy new? We all know that Hondas last forever so why would you spend the extra $$$ on an 06 when cycle trader is filled with F4i's? Just curious.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Why do...

I can tell you why I bought a new instesd of old. Main reason peace of mind, I know the bike has not been abused, downed or has a reconstructed title. The ones I looked at ( year, mileage and shape) there wasn't that much of a difference in price versus a new one. just my 2 cents..

Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM

that's true... buying new at least you know what has happened to the bike.

That being said, there are a TONNE of awesome used bikes out there that have been pampered and taken care of... for alot less $$$.
I bought a 2001 this year. Had to search a bit... and saw a few "shadey" bikes, but if you're patient you can meet some honest sellers selling great bikes.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Retired Mod

i agree with you woody. the 01-03 f4i is much better looking than the 04-06. but i'm sure that there are some people out there who would disagree. have you ever sat on the newer f4i seat? it's damn comfortable, and i've heard that it is loads better than the separate seat when carrying a passenger. and, as tyler said, the peace of mind when buying a brand new bike is second to none. just check out the f4i section and you'll see that one of the most popular mods is the 01-03 seat conversion. its like buying a brand new 2003 f4i.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:10 AM

i guess I was just brought up buying used vehicles, I don't think a single vehicle in my family was ever bought new so maybe thats just my natural mindset
that being said, if your patient its not hard to find a good used bike, my F4i and RR are both used and I got great deals on both and neither have had a single issue
I guess its easier to buy a new bike than search for a used one. I guess somebody's gotta fork out the $$$ for a new bike so us cheapo's will have a used one to buy down the road, lol

Old 05-06-2006, 04:37 AM

i like the looks of the banana seat F4i though

Old 05-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

The real question is, why buy anything new? It is the same answer whether it is a bike or a car. But I know when I sell a car, it is time for that thing to go. What is that saying, 'Caveat Emptor'?

Old 05-06-2006, 12:39 PM

Unless I could have an expert check out a used bike I wouldn't buy one. It's not worth the risk to wonder what a bike has been through. I want to know it's total history. It's worth paying extra for me.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:15 PM

All that from above, plus if you're a pimp... you can negociate a sweet enough deal on a new one that it isn't much more than a crappy used one! And there is nothing like knowing all that has been done to your ride... it truely is YOURS.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM

If you get a new one like I did, you know that it's never been dicked with. You have all service records, know that it's been maintained well and no half assed fixes. I'll definately buy another new one next year and keep my current one.