F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

WHY!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WHY!

why do people feel the need to touch the bike? the **** is annoying. the other day me and my g/f were meeting some friends at Outback, so we finished getting some odds and ends at WalMart and were waiting in the parking lot. now she parked her car RIGHT.......BEHIND my bike. so we are chilling in her car waiting till 8 oclock to meet up w/ the friends. well some van pulls up next to my bike and IMMEDIATLY some child jumps out and runs to my bike. now since im sitting in the parking spot just behind my bike i didnt feel it neccessary to set the alarm. so the kid just runs up and starts grabbing on the bars and playing w/ them, and touching all over the fairings. as i fumble for my alarm thingy ma-bob to turn it on, the mother turns........see's her child playing w/ MY BIKE and smiles/laughs. WTF!!!!!!! then when she's ready to go in the store she goes to grab the boy and when she removes him from MY......BIKE, he punches the damn fairing!!!!! i gave his mother the most god awful straight from hell ****ty look as she passed my g/f's car. im not a very confrontational person so i didnt jump out and throw a fit but i was FIRED up!

well anyways, i notice it alot. when i come out from stores and turn off my alarm.....6 times out of 10 it will beep 4 times letting me know the bike was tampered w/. why do people feel compelled to touch them. what if the above child was old enough or strong enough at his age to have pushed the bike over when he ran up to it?! its so damn annoying!

well, sorry for the rant. [>:]

Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY!

yeah... that's not right. only time i allow it is if it's a hot girl. happened several times already. i go back to my bike... group of 2 or more hot girls are standing near my bike and they ask if they can take a picture next to it or on it. other than that... if possible, i would make every piece of metal shoot 2 million volts when touched.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 AM

shock the **** out of'em hahaha! yeah, i know the kid didnt mean any harm......atleast i dont think so, lol...he DID punch it. but seriously......what if the kid werecapableenough of pushing it over?! what wouldthe parent do at that point, or would i come out to a layed over bike......scratching my head.but the mother should have gotten control of her kid. im sure she wouldnt have appreciated it too much if when she came back i was ontop of her van jumping up and down and using her windshield as a slide!!! she saw him and just laughed it off. and usually its the older, more mature people that will walk around it, hands IN their pockets glancing at it and compliment me when they see me walking towards it. i was just so f'kn pissed when i saw that kid though. it makes me wonder how much its f'kd w/ while im in stores and what not. [:@]

Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Must not have kids!! Now that being said and being a fellow bike rider my kids no not to touch ANYBODIES bike, however, think of it like this: One day you are on this forum, you notice that a new member has just signed up and just so happens to be from your area, he's asking questions and obviously is VERY interested in learning about his new motorcycle. Being 10-20 years his senior with just as much riding experience you are able to help him with many of his questions. You even meet the kid out for a ride a time or two, and one day you ask him (because this always comes up) , when did you take an interest in motocycles? And his reply was: One day when I was 4 or 5 my mommy took me to a store, when I got out of her van, there it was the prettiest machine I ever laid my eyes on!!! It was awesome, I touched it and even acted like I was riding it. Man from then on, owning a motorcycle has been my dream!! So thank you for answering all my questions and teaching the things you have because you are helping live a dream I've had since I touched THAT motorcycle!!!!!

[sm=innoc.gif] Just think about it my friend, saying what if he would have been strong enough to push it over, is like saying what if that car would have pulled out in front of you. Just be glad it didnt happen!!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 AM

i see what you are saying and all. but i believe "if its not yours, dont touch it". sure he didnt mean any harm. he was having fun and may not know any better. but if that were MY KID, i would have made sure he left it alone. idk, not trying to start some arguement.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 AM

Hey no argument here, I actually agree with you!!! I just always try to look at the positive side of things. That kid might grow and be a Rossi, or Hayden, ALL because he touched your bike!!! I guess being a father does make you kinda soft. LOL But just for the record I agree with all you guys.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 PM

the truth is, they want to feel the power between their legs!! but they can't because they don't have one!!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM

ehh, it's not the kid's fault, he doesn't know better, unless he's like 12 or so...but if that was kid, I woulda smacked him or yelled at him for punching the fairing, just disrespect. I wouldn't have just smiled and laughed and thought "oh little Billy, you're so cute." Eff that noise, the parents should control that ****. My boy knows better to touch mine or get on it without me being there.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Retired Moderator

I can feel for you, but I have to agree with those who say it is not the kid's fault. It is squarley the parents not teaching their children respect for other folks' property. All those that responded and have kids, also pointed out their kids know better. They did right by their kids. I would have hocked up gallons of lung butter and dowsed her door handle, windshield, etc. You would think, in general, people would know to stay away from someone's bike. Even before I got my own, I neverassumed it would be okay to screw with somebody's motorcycle...NEVER!

Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM

What I hate is why do all your friends think they need to sit on it? It may be a group of friends and you have your bike, your all standing around and suddenly one wants to sit on it. GO AHEAD AND IF YOU DROP IT YOU PAY FOR IT> Im sorry but if you get on my bike WITHOUT me telling you to and you drop it because you dont know what you are doing , YOU WILL PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!!!