F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Whole bike vibrates???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whole bike vibrates???

Hey,

So the problem seems to be the whole bike is vibrating?
I feel it in my feet, seat and hands, but I ruled out inbalanced tires due to if I pull the clutch in the vibrating stops.
Also I replaced the CCTL with a OEM automatic one about 12,000km's (7,500mi) but there is a noise now not as loud as before when I replaced it. Its more of a buzzing the a rattle like before? Could that make the bike vibrate or is their another culprit.

Cheers

Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could be more internal in the motor, or has the bike been taken apart and not put back together with thread lock, could be the bolts working lose. That could be a number of issues really.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM

the OEM CCTL is kinda noisy even when new. get an APE and adjust it to that sweet spot where there's no noise, you'll be glad you did.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by cobra1000rr
could be more internal in the motor, or has the bike been taken apart and not put back together with thread lock, could be the bolts working lose. That could be a number of issues really.
The motor has never been taken apart during my ownership so hopefully it nothing like that. The buzzing started a couple weeks ago, all signs point to the CCT but last time I changed it, it was rattling and this is more of a buzz between 4-6Krpms.

Has anyone had vibrations problems when the CCTL started to go?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

if it's mostly between 4-6K RPM then it's definitely your CCTL. APE FTW

Originally Posted by jeffjones
The motor has never been taken apart during my ownership so hopefully it nothing like that. The buzzing started a couple weeks ago, all signs point to the CCT but last time I changed it, it was rattling and this is more of a buzz between 4-6Krpms.

Has anyone had vibrations problems when the CCTL started to go?

Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 PM

could be valves or out of sync my bike started doing the same thing a while ago but ive got a f3 thats carbed its getting the carbs cleaned and synced and the valves adjusted next week hopefully that takes care of it.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something's loose or about to go. And by go I mean cost you tons of money.

The CCTL is basically an annoying rattle, nothing more. In terms of "bike is vibrating."

Does the throttle respond like it always has? Like the bike delivers full power like it should? Any range where the vibration gets worse?

(It stops when you pull in the clutch which slows the engine to idle. It's something wrong with your engine)

Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Something's loose or about to go. And by go I mean cost you tons of money.

The CCTL is basically an annoying rattle, nothing more. In terms of "bike is vibrating."

Does the throttle respond like it always has? Like the bike delivers full power like it should? Any range where the vibration gets worse?

(It stops when you pull in the clutch which slows the engine to idle. It's something wrong with your engine)
Well thats not what I want to hear.

Throttle response is same as it has always been and it has all the power it should. The vibration is not like a Harley jerky vibration but more of like a buzzing vibration, it can be felt in the footpags and bars and a little in the seat, It starts around 4.5k rpm.
Maybe I'll just take it to Honda and see what they think and go from there.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Misfire causing virbration. Check plugs, air filter and fuel delivery. It has nothign to do with your cctl as you used a stock one instead of a cheap aftermarket manual.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many miles are on your bike? At 16,000 you're supposed to replace the plugs.

Quick Reply: Whole bike vibrates???