F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who said the F4i can't lean?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thanks for the tips i occasionally go on a cruise on the local highways to "measure" my limits, so far I am beginning to get better at high speed cornering, but when it comes to those tight corner its when i am really scared of falling(again). but i will try your tips though, seems like you know exactly what your talking about...use less brakes by controlling throttle input thus achieving better corner because of the centrifugal force acting as a "third wheel" so to say. I do noticed when accelerating out at the end of the turn the bike doesnt feel like it wants to fall, but more like it doesnt and it pulls me up along with it.

thank you

Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason I try not to use brakes is because it forces you to slow down earlier and get prepared for the corner. The exercise is NOT to try and go fast on the straight parts, but to setup, be smooth.. and gradually accelerate out. Accelerating out will "pull the bike up". A tiny bit of throttle will also stabilize the bike.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by killakali408650
cool thanks for the tips i occasionally go on a cruise on the local highways to "measure" my limits, so far I am beginning to get better at high speed cornering, but when it comes to those tight corner its when i am really scared of falling(again). but i will try your tips though, seems like you know exactly what your talking about...use less brakes by controlling throttle input thus achieving better corner because of the centrifugal force acting as a "third wheel" so to say. I do noticed when accelerating out at the end of the turn the bike doesnt feel like it wants to fall, but more like it doesnt and it pulls me up along with it.

thank you
Go ***** to the wall. One time I opened her up at night on this country road that Im very familiar. It's a pretty long straight with an S curve and then another long straight. Well... The S curve came up on top of me faster than I thought, since I probably didnt account for the 140 mph. Braked that bitch as hard as possible for as long as possible and then leaned in and prayed. Came out in one piece but that was definitely an "OH ****!!!!!!" moment.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 PM

um - that's probably some of the worst advice I have ever heard. I'm hoping it was meant with sarcasm.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by killakali408650
Wow just came across this thread and damn you guys are good!! im scared to take tight turns on the street lol ever since my last lowside . for some reason i feel like the bike just wants to fall over so i have to reduce speeds and it turns easier, but then its like im turning like a granny

any tips for getting over that "fear" of lowsiding again?? and for the turning, do you think i should try increasing the speed and lean more?? i believe the lowside was caused by me going too slow and leaning too much, and now im scared to lean alot
Thanks for the compliments. Want to hear something funny? When I was still street riding only a few months ago I'm absolutely horrible at low speed corners, like turning around in an intersection. I'm so slow and not confident at all. So I can go out and drag a knee on a track but I can't turn around. lol I think part of the reason of your low speed scares is the bike is much more wobblely (sp) at low speeds than higher speeds. When I'm going slow I don't know whether to lean, turn more, etc. So don't feel too bad because I suck at it too. lol

Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Thanks for the compliments. Want to hear something funny? When I was still street riding only a few months ago I'm absolutely horrible at low speed corners, like turning around in an intersection. I'm so slow and not confident at all. So I can go out and drag a knee on a track but I can't turn around. lol I think part of the reason of your low speed scares is the bike is much more wobblely (sp) at low speeds than higher speeds. When I'm going slow I don't know whether to lean, turn more, etc. So don't feel too bad because I suck at it too. lol
tsk tsk, you will learn to ride one day lol

Old 01-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
tsk tsk, you will learn to ride one day lol
Haha, I know right? I guess a better way to put it is I can turn around just fine but I'm not fast at it. I see some guys who are doing a 180 and halfway through their turn around they start throttling out of the corner. When I'm going slow like that I don't usually hit the throttle until I'm straight. I don't think I'll get much better at it either because I only ride track now. lol

Old 12-06-2018, 03:39 PM

it's no crazy marquez lean but not bad for such an old bike, aftermarket pegs and clippons

Old 12-21-2018, 05:52 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Almost 9 year old thread revival? Nice, especially with that pic! Been riding for a year and a half and looking forward to getting to the track a couple times this coming spring/summer!