F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who makes the best HID kit for the F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered DDM 35W 6000K HID kit last week it takes a while to get here, I also ordered projectors from ebay as I didn't want to be an *** with stock reflectors and HID's. I know it's the cheap way around but I'm just wanting to see how they work and later down the line I'll upgrade the projectors. I'm still waiting on my HIDs but I got the projectors yesterday, I'm waiting for everything to get here then I'll install it all. I'd recommend DDM, the guys at cyclegear told me to get those instead of anything else.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Got a pic of the projector's?

Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 PM

They're not installed yet, But I can give you a link and I believe someone on the forums bought the same one and has a write up of it.

Link to ebay

HID BI-XENON MOTORCYCLE PROJECTOR HEADLIG FOR Honda CBR 600 F4 F4i 01-07 06 05 0 | eBay

They look very nice for the price and I'm interested to see how they work after the HID's come in.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Oh OK cool.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by xtremef4i
If you are spending $500 on hids, they better be good. I suggested ddm because they are the best priced other than the obvious cheap eBay. A lot of CBRFORUM members run ddm and like them. I have ddm and have no issues and no green color you are talking about. My lights are whitish- blue.

Not $500 only on HID, but projectors and retrofit.
For about $90-120 you can get OEM quality HIds from those links; proper Kelvin temp, aligned bulbs, less glare, more light on road, less failure rate with ballasts, Lower start up current draw....the list goes on.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96shox
Not $500 only on HID, but projectors and retrofit.
For about $90-120 you can get OEM quality HIds from those links; proper Kelvin temp, aligned bulbs, less glare, more light on road, less failure rate with ballasts, Lower start up current draw....the list goes on.
I have bought 10 sets from DDM over the years and have not had a ballast fail yet in 4 years, I had one bulb burnt out and in 10 days I had a replacement for free due to their lifetime warranty (those $120 HID's usually come with a 1 year warranty.)

Out of 10 kits the only complant I have heard / had is the 3 week wait for shipping.

Dollar for Dollar you won't find a better HID.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
I have bought 10 sets from DDM over the years and have not had a ballast fail yet in 4 years, I had one bulb burnt out and in 10 days I had a replacement for free due to their lifetime warranty (those $120 HID's usually come with a 1 year warranty.)

Out of 10 kits the only complant I have heard / had is the 3 week wait for shipping.

Dollar for Dollar you won't find a better HID.
so your saying ddm tuning hids are the way to go?

Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by McBreezyF4i
So they pretty good bam? Visibility wise?
oh yeah their great visibility wise, i went with the 5000k because their supposed to be the brightest ones. They spread across the road evenly, and reach out quite a long ways- 10x better then the stock lights. Cant go wrong for $50 shipped and a life time warranty.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 PM

I just installed a set of HID projectors from Bikelitez/ebay. Relatively easy to perform and I'm happy with the results so far. One caveat the projectors did not come with any cutoff shields so the light sprayed everywhere. I had to make some cutoff shields from aluminum sheeting. This particular kit also are not bi-xenon (no high/low) from each light. I setup mine to give a low beam light pattern on both - I am sacrificing hi-beam since I have no intention of riding rural roads at night

Quick Reply: Who makes the best HID kit for the F4i?