F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Who makes the best HID kit for the F4i?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best HID kit for the F4i?

Gonna be in the market for a set of hid headlights. Curious to know who makes the best? Quality wise and price. Thanks on advanced.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Since nobody makes a new housing with the proper beam pattern for HID's I'd say nobody makes a good kit. Everyone out there just puts HID bulbs in a non HID housing which is great for pissing off and blinding everyone on the road.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM

even though they dont make the correct housing, arent you able to just angle your lights downward a little with the adjusting screws so you dont blind everyone

Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by xtremef4i
DDM is far from the best quality. They are just another typical chinese product marketer...just good at marketing. Their bulbs produce glare, and they have that off-green color, the color temps they sell are NOT accurate either.

Retro-Solutions ( http://www.retro-solutions.net/) and The Retrofit Source (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/) sell high-quality HIDs. Trust; this is info from people who spends $500+ on HID retrofits.

KBcarstuff, formerly known as XenonDepot, is another highquality producer/seller as well; Phillips components; http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

Last edited by 96shox; 09-09-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by 96shox
DDM is far from the best quality. They are just another typical chinese product marketer...just good at marketing. Their bulbs produce glare, and they have that off-green color, the color temps they sell are NOT accurate either.

Retro-Solutions ( Retro-Solutions Store) and The Retrofit Source (The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications) sell high-quality HIDs. Trust; this is info from people who spends $500+ on HID retrofits.

KBcarstuff, formerly known as XenonDepot, is another highquality producer/seller as well; Phillips components; Xenon Conversion Kits | HID Light Conversion | KBcarstuff.com
If you are spending $500 on hids, they better be good. I suggested ddm because they are the best priced other than the obvious cheap eBay. A lot of CBRFORUM members run ddm and like them. I have ddm and have no issues and no green color you are talking about. My lights are whitish- blue.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96shox
How are they good at marketing?? It is all word of mouth, I have never seen an ad for ddm anywhere lol.
I have never seen an off green from them and I have bought about 10 sets from them in total.

I agree that their color temps are not what is advertised (Their 6,000K and 8,000K are the exact same bulb at around 7,000K).

But if you put dollar to quality DDM is near the top everytime.

The only thing I don't like about projectors on bike is the cut off line when you drop in a corner..... There is absolutely no light if you are taking a sharp corner at night.

Edit: Here is what happens with projectors and bikes turning at night, Look at about the 33 second mark at how much of a blind spot they give in the corner

http://youtu.be/rQp3tx2ia7Y?t=33s

Last edited by jeffjones; 09-09-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Ive heard alot of riders with the ddm, ive also looked at the coremoto website and they have a few setups. i wanna be able to ride at night and be comfortable. as it stands now i just have the single headlight on, on my f4i. Its really tough to see esp. with my shield down. and they dont call it bucks county for nothing, for every resident here theres prolly 2 or 3 deer. and they come out of now where. fields trees all that. deffiently startling when a deer jumps out in the road. its happened a few times. i gotta increase my visibilty distance and also brighten up my viewing range.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 AM

I've got the ddm hid's on my bike, Just put them on the other day. I love them so far, haven't experienced any green color problem. the ballasts are small so they fit in the nose of the bike easily, I had to point my low beam down lower so I don't blind anyone. High beams light up the whole road in front of you. I went with the 35w 5000k h7 kit.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM

So they pretty good bam? Visibility wise?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who makes the best HID kit for the F4i?