CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Where to put HID ballast? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/where-put-hid-ballast-94167/)

714 SoCaL F4i 06-03-2009 01:25 AM

I Got mine at a local shop , they run 120 for the pair , HI /LO beam H7 , But im only running my low beam, gave the other to my Bro to put on his 600 RR we Both are running the same exact setup one HID and one BRIGHT Yellow bulb for Hi beam it looks greatt, Awesome Visibilty too !!!!

florida f4i 06-03-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 714 SoCaL F4i (Post 792461)
I Got mine at a local shop , they run 120 for the pair , HI /LO beam H7 , But im only running my low beam, gave the other to my Bro to put on his 600 RR we Both are running the same exact setup one HID and one BRIGHT Yellow bulb for Hi beam it looks greatt, Awesome Visibilty too !!!!

I was going to get it from a local myself, just curious to see if any vendors on here sell 'em.

Any pictures of your hi/low setup?

Sounds pretty good, what temp rating on the high? 3000k?

p0peye 06-04-2009 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by cman9toes (Post 792125)
popeye, aree you refering to zip-ties?

Yap, that's the word(s) ;)

btw - I installed the HID just for the lower beam, although I think there is a place for the hi-beam as well.
The problem is not the money (especially if I tell you that I got mine as a birthday present ;) ) - but the light start process when I hit the button.
It first flashes, then get to maybe 30%, and in next 4-5 seconds grow to 100%.
Now - if this is normal (and I hard it is) - there would be problems with the high beam as I would like it to shine as soon as I pres the hi-beam switch.
I don't like the idea I would have to wait 5 seconds before it turns the night in to the day... ;)

florida f4i 06-04-2009 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by p0peye (Post 792930)
Yap, that's the word(s) ;)

btw - I installed the HID just for the lower beam, although I think there is a place for the hi-beam as well.
The problem is not the money (especially if I tell you that I got mine as a birthday present ;) ) - but the light start process when I hit the button.
It first flashes, then get to maybe 30%, and in next 4-5 seconds grow to 100%.
Now - if this is normal (and I hard it is) - there would be problems with the high beam as I would like it to shine as soon as I pres the hi-beam switch.
I don't like the idea I would have to wait 5 seconds before it turns the night in to the day... ;)

Yeah, that's how HID's are.

If you don't want that being the case for the high-beam, then the only solution would be running a non-HID bulb, i.e. halogen.

I don't see it being a problem, at least for me. Why not just turn the high beam on before riding at night, so you don't have to worry about it having to warm up?

p0peye 06-05-2009 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by florida f4i (Post 792940)
Why not just turn the high beam on before riding at night, so you don't have to worry about it having to warm up?

You must be kidding me - right? :confused:

bigguysmallbike 06-09-2009 11:57 AM

I ended up going with just a 5000k HID low beam. I put the slim ballast behind the speedo. I couldn't really find any other place that wouldn't clutter the space behind the lights. I can tuck the slim ballast away, but the ignitor? gets in the way.

So with that said, i have a single brand new DDMtuning.com 35watt 5000K HID kit available for sale. DDM has a lifetime warranty behind their lights, which is why i decided to go with them. Just installed it late last night, i'll be testing it out on the ride home from work today.

florida f4i 06-09-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigguysmallbike (Post 795346)
I ended up going with just a 5000k HID low beam. I put the slim ballast behind the speedo. I couldn't really find any other place that wouldn't clutter the space behind the lights. I can tuck the slim ballast away, but the ignitor? gets in the way.

So with that said, i have a single brand new DDMtuning.com 35watt 5000K HID kit available for sale. DDM has a lifetime warranty behind their lights, which is why i decided to go with them. Just installed it late last night, i'll be testing it out on the ride home from work today.

I may take that off your hands if you still have it later this week (payday).

How much would you want for it?

PM me if you'd like, thanks :)

mralbdamminc 06-09-2009 04:36 PM

ditto

1 Attachment(s)
got these on ebay!! look really good too went with the 10000k set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160337906892

as for the spot. between the lights are dead on.used double sided tape and ties just to be sure

Attachment 62596