F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where Is The Flasher???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Is The Flasher???

OK I have my bike taken apart and would like to know where the flasher is before I put it all back together and find out its in the upper cowl. I'm going to order the one here thats not "smart" enough to figure out that the leds are in and make them flash fast.

-Jesse-

Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Where Is The Flasher???

Smart man, definitely replace the signal relay instead of wiring resistors.

Now the bad news.... the relay is in the front fairing. If you take the fairing off and look at the inside you will see the housings for the headlights - between these housings are two electrical modules. The one on the left is the relay for the headlights, the one on the right is the flasher relay. You'll be able to tell because it will have the exact same connector as what is pictured on the CustomLED web site.

Good luck.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: kiggy74

Smart man, definitely replace the signal relay instead of wiring resistors.

Now the bad news.... the relay is in the front fairing. If you take the fairing off and look at the inside you will see the housings for the headlights - between these housings are two electrical modules. The one on the left is the relay for the headlights, the one on the right is the flasher relay. You'll be able to tell because it will have the exact same connector as what is pictured on the CustomLED web site.

Good luck.
Thanks alot, I would have done those stupid resistors if you didn't point me in the right direction. And thats exactly what I needed to know for the flasher. When I had it apart I was looking at the back of the headlight and thought it was the flasher but wasn't sure, I still haven't put it back together so that will save me the hassel. Thanks again.

-Jesse-

Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 PM

Good news that you didn't put it back together yet. The front fairing is a b1tcH to reinstall. I'd hate to have to do it twice on the same project.

the stock relay has a little rubber hanger used to clip it to the fairing itself. The replacement flash is pretty generic and won't be compatible with the rubber hanger. I just ended up using electrical tape to attach the new relay to the tab where the original was hanging. It all fit fine, and wasn't the prettiest work I've done, but it seemed the most practical and I just wanted to be done with that project.