F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where does everyone hang out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does everyone hang out.

Like the title say where do all of your local sport bikers hang out? Here in Cedar Rapids they all hang out on 1st ave at a local tire shop.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 PM

I ride alone, the very few rare instances I see another sport bike rider they're usually in a tshirt and shoes and look at me like a weirdo with my leather jacket and full gauntlet gloves. I've seen one other guy in proper gear on an R6. I see him about every 4 months. Other than that I have allllll the roads to myself except for the occasional harley every 2 weeks.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
I ride alone, the very few rare instances I see another sport bike rider they're usually in a tshirt and shoes and look at me like a weirdo with my leather jacket and full gauntlet gloves. I've seen one other guy in proper gear on an R6. I see him about every 4 months. Other than that I have allllll the roads to myself except for the occasional harley every 2 weeks.
Same.

I used to generally avoid groups. Since getting Yolie, I actively do so. I've noticed a lot of sport Bike riders see a s1k and act like there's something to prove. Everything I have to prove is to myself.

Although today I did a phone install for a lawyer who I'd ride with. The phone line was for the alarm on his garage. There were no fewer than 8 bikes in the garage. 2 of them Ducati Desmosedicis.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 PM

alot of the ones around here who speed by you or try to act cool are the ones who wont wave and dont wear the gear and the ones who wave and ride right are the ones at least with a helmet. I dont mind 2 or 3 for a group never been bigger then that so i dont know how it feels to ride in a group.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Jamba Juice

Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Haha seems my house is the chill spot, Ive had 5-6 bikes in my garage when those rainy nights come and even the cops have came here asking about other bikers because they see so many hang out here. Other than that we goto downtown indy, or a parking lot.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Depends on what night it is in the triad area of NC. Bike nights Tuesday through Thursday. Other than that about 8 bikes chill at my buddies house.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Monday - Downtown Plymouth
Tuesday - Downtown Ypsi
Thursday - Downtown Royal Oak

I rarely hit these spots, as I tend to ride alone more than with a group, but these places are packed, especially Royal Oak.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Weve got a pretty big group of local riders who have a local message board going and we have a weekend Wednesday night dinner right, meeting at a shopping center at 6 to assemble, kickstands up at 6:30 and we do a 75-100 mile ride thru the county, stopping somewhere for dinner sometime, then back into town to kick it at a bar downtown (OUTSIDE!) who graciously closes off their parking lot for us and it gets filled up with bikes. We try to keep the Wed night ride mellow to attract new riders and get to know others.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by SikMoto
Weve got a pretty big group of local riders who have a local message board going and we have a weekend Wednesday night dinner right, meeting at a shopping center at 6 to assemble, kickstands up at 6:30 and we do a 75-100 mile ride thru the county, stopping somewhere for dinner sometime, then back into town to kick it at a bar downtown (OUTSIDE!) who graciously closes off their parking lot for us and it gets filled up with bikes. We try to keep the Wed night ride mellow to attract new riders and get to know others.

Sounds like fun wish I could join lol.

Quick Reply: Where does everyone hang out.