CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   wheels from a RR work on f4i? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/wheels-rr-work-f4i-131042/)

yoteee 09-23-2011 03:20 AM

wheels from a RR work on f4i?

Looking to upgrade my 01 f4i a bit. Would newer wheels from an 600RR bolt up? 06 plus?

yoteee 09-23-2011 03:34 AM

Ooh and iam I machinist so I can make custom axles or spacers if need be.

causeman8 09-23-2011 06:01 AM

As far as the rear wheel goes I believe that the cush drive and sprocket are different and yes you would have to make axle spacers. For the front Im not sure if the rotor bolt pattern is the same but Im thinkin not. It honestly may be more trouble than what its worth. Anybody wanna help out on this one cause I could be wrong? Good luck if you decide to do it. Be sure and do a write up and take pics if you do!

yoteee 09-23-2011 08:27 AM

Ok after doing some searching i found out that you can run a 600rr swingarm on the f4i. So thats what i'm going to do over the winter.

thing is the wheel i'm looking at is a forged carrozzeria wheel from an 07 and all the swaps ive read about use 05-06 or 03-04 swingarms. So wondering if it would work in an older swingarm.

yoteee 09-23-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by causeman8 (Post 1102154)
As far as the rear wheel goes I believe that the cush drive and sprocket are different and yes you would have to make axle spacers. For the front Im not sure if the rotor bolt pattern is the same but Im thinkin not. It honestly may be more trouble than what its worth. Anybody wanna help out on this one cause I could be wrong? Good luck if you decide to do it. Be sure and do a write up and take pics if you do!

As far as axle spacers, 30mins on a lathe and those are done.

causeman8 09-23-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by yoteee (Post 1102176)
Ok after doing some searching i found out that you can run a 600rr swingarm on the f4i. So thats what i'm going to do over the winter.

thing is the wheel i'm looking at is a forged carrozzeria wheel from an 07 and all the swaps ive read about use 05-06 or 03-04 swingarms. So wondering if it would work in an older swingarm.

I am planning on doing the same thing once my chain and sprockets need to be replaced. Bought a rk 520 chain conversion so I wanna get my use outta them first since Ill have to get a new chain and sprocket. Won my swingarm from an 04 for $25.01 shipped off ebay:icon_dance-twist:. Still gotta get my shock and linkage. Def love the way the rr swingarm looks on the f4i. Now as for an 07 wheel on an older swingarm Im not really sure. Id sugguest asking some of the rr guys on here I'm sure that they'd know...

yoteee 09-23-2011 10:22 AM

cool cool,might go with an 07 swinger if it'll still bolt up. No real difference in price but it'll be that much newer!