F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wheelie on a f4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie on a f4i

Tahoe say it aint so! Just don't be wearing any flip flops.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:30 AM

whats wrong with a wheelie? i dont think it is a crime or anything. how many racecar drivers do you think do burnouts? its all in good fun and if you cant have a little fun when you ride and do what you want then what is the point. if you want to wheelie, go ahead. if you dont that is fine. i love them and many other people do too. just think of it as another advantage we have over the cars

Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 PM

So when is the last time you saw a burnout wreck a car?

When is the last time you saw someone loop a wheelie or land it into a tankslapper?

Not really a comparison.

I will still wheelie once in awhile on a closed lot. I do so knowing I can wreck. The only wheelies I do on the street are if I throttle up too fast cresting a hill burning backroads. That'll make you **** your pants if you aren't ready for it.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:07 PM

two years ago at MIR burnout contest a guy with a trans am smoked the tires until it popped a fuel line and burnt the car to the ground. i dont think i have ever seen a grown man cry in public before. the bad part is it was his friend that was doing the competition for him.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:24 PM

I am sure you do realize that it was an isolated incident. I don't think anyone on here is naive enough to think that burnouts in a car have an equal chance of disaster as a wheelie on a bike.

If so I am sure there would be gobs of videos on the web of cars flipping or crashing from burnouts.

I am not saying wheelies are bad. They are fun to watch as long as I don't have to watch 30 minutes of wannabe stunna's doing them and labeling it as a Xtreme Stunt Video![:@]

Wheelies on the street in traffic are bad. Wheelies where you loop it or slam it down and total your bike (although fun to watch) are bad.

Other than that, wheelie on. I to agree with Tahoe. It does require good balance and throttle control to execute a wheelie. I would love to learn to do slow wheelies, but I don't have the cash to drop on a beater stunt bike, and I am not willing to sacrafice my corner carving baby to stunt.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fist of all let me say for the record, that I have little interest in stunting. I do however admire the skill that it takes to do so. I also want to say that MOST of the stunters I've met disgrace the sport due to their lack of respect and discipline and unfortuntely the non M/C public thinks that all sport riders are stunters or wannabe racers.

Yes, stunting does require throttle control and balance. Maybe that's the reason Keith Code recently added wheelies to the Superbike School curriculum. (maybe)

Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 AM

I believe the best rider is one that is good at both worlds.
I love to drag a knee and do wheelies.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM

i have never don a wheelie in traffic or even near a car. yes bad things can happen but that is part of the appeal. if it was so easy it would be no big deal. when someone rides a wheelie for like a mile straight (on a closed course if you prefer)then you have to recognize their skill even if you dont agree. you are right there is a high risk of something bad happening but thats just the nature of the beast.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM

Oh I totally understand the skill it takes to ride a BP wheelie for miles. It just seems that there are WAY more people out there than are capable of it, then there are who only do so in a suitable place.

I have had to stop riding with one group who got some new riders who think it's cool to pull it up in the MIDDLE of the group. Needless to say I wasn NOT pleased when I have to take evasive action with my wife on the back of the bike. That was the last time I rode with them. I will hang out at the spot, but when they pull out, I just let them go.

Luckily they are "townies" and not interested in group rides or carving backroads.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 PM

I wish I could do a wheelie. I think I'm too fat to do power wheelies my bike doesn't get up. 230lbs is HUGE for this bike! I'm afraid to clutch it up and just flip it backwards. =( I need to buy a cheap beat up bike so I can practice before I try them on my mint bike. Anyone have a bike for sale for $500? lol Or want to come help me learn how to wheelie?

Mike

Quick Reply: Wheelie on a f4i