CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What's up guys (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/whats-up-guys-156085/)

Tsouth937 05-29-2017 10:09 AM

What's up guys

I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me out. I been on eBay and amazon looking at stuff. But was wondering if there was good websites out there to get parts off of. I bought a 01 f4i and it was laid down 2 times so I'm trying to fix her up and get her going.

boredandstroked 05-29-2017 06:12 PM

Forums, amazon, partzilla, motosport, ebay. There are tons of places to get parts.

rfesu 05-30-2017 09:29 AM

finding all the parts you need is definitely the main challenge of owning an older sport bike that's been down. there simply isn't that much f4i stuff out there anymore.

don't be afraid to check a stealership for some stuff too, sometimes they have brand new old stock parts that they want to get rid of.

other ideas:

- find a wreck that's been down on the other side (or blown motor, or something)
- post a wish list here, maybe we can help? i have tons of random f4i parts i'm too lazy to put on ebay, so not everyone posts their stuff for sale..
- street fighter!

Hawkwind2016 05-30-2017 05:10 PM

What country are you in? might help us with the search :)

Tsouth937 05-30-2017 06:44 PM

I live in the United States. In ohio

SunBlue 05-30-2017 11:28 PM

Yes put a wishlist, what parts you looking for?

For new oem parts I always use partzilla they usually have what I need for cheap and fast shipping (at least to CA)

Fjork 06-06-2017 07:59 PM

Hey Tsouth, me too (except mine is an 02)! It's like a ****ty adventure where you never know what the next problem will be! (JK I'm addicted and I love it all)

I've been using Bikebandit.com & Mrcycles.com but not sure if there's a reason people haven't listed them as I thought they were the safe-ish go to.

You could also see where your nearest Honda dealer is and check with them. Like Rfesu said they may have a few old things lying around. More expensive in my experience though.

rfesu 06-06-2017 08:27 PM

You could also see where your nearest Honda dealer is and check with them. Like Rfesu said they may have a few old things lying around. More expensive in my experience though.
you just need to find a dealership that is customer driven, realistic, and operates in this century..

a real dealership run by actual human beings that give a **** about bikes, and isn't owned/operated by a greedy 80 year old 'oldschool' bike shop owner knows that there is online competition and has a very good idea about what the parts are actually worth, and will give you deals when you deserve them.

even if you buy parts online most of the time, you need to find a dealership and establish a relationship with them, because when your bike is down you may need their help.

Fjork 06-11-2017 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by rfesu (Post 1305072)
you just need to find a dealership that is customer driven, realistic, and operates in this century..

a real dealership run by actual human beings that give a **** about bikes, and isn't owned/operated by a greedy 80 year old 'oldschool' bike shop owner knows that there is online competition and has a very good idea about what the parts are actually worth, and will give you deals when you deserve them.

Let me know if you find a dealership that fits this description. As far as I know they don't exist. Dealerships for me are a very last resort.

If I ever end up taking my bike in for work I will try to use local shops but I'm lucky enough to have a decent selection.

Rhpr1016 07-09-2017 08:41 PM

I feel your pain. I just bought an 02 f4i that took a hard down with the last owner. She's missing all kinds of random parts, like the battery cover under the seat. WTF? How do you lose that piece? I've been fabricating my own pieces though. I use pics online to fabricate my own parts that are non-essential based on what I've seen. I'm in the process of fabricating fairings right now... nightmare. Creating mounting brackets, covers, and lighting is easy though.