F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What's the longest trip you have been on with the f4i?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the longest trip you have been on with the f4i?

Please post details of the trip mileage, destination, year of bike, and anything you want to add. I was thinking about riding from KC to NY this summer, but would like to hear other trips poeple have taken. Also how long did you continuosly ride, not counting just gas stops? Mark

Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Default RE: What's the longest trip you have been on with the f4i?

I travelled from Singapore to Malacca (Malaysia) and then to Genting Highlands (Malaysia) and then back again to Singapore on my 01 F4i... covered over 500+ miles.... a pity i did not join my friends up to Thailand for their Sonkran Festival from Singapore a few weeks ago... to and back covers about just over 1000 miles

Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went from socal to norcal...mang...that was horrible trip! mah legs were all bowled out and stuff...bug hell, etc...
but that's cause i took the wrong road...the straight one...

Old 05-03-2006, 07:25 PM

Rode mine from Boise ID to Moscow ID around 350mi. It wasn't too bad except the temp was around 35 degrees! This was in in mid March. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Old 05-03-2006, 11:29 PM

The longest trip I've been on was last summer. Me a three of my buddies rode down to the Stuntfest in Canton/Akron, OH area. We rode around 1400-1500 miles in 4.5 days. We left Muskegon, MI on Wednesday after work and rode to Ft. Wayne, IN and stayed the night at my one buddie's cousin's place. On Thursday we rode to Canton/Akron area hung around there for a bit and then we decidided to ride over to Pittsburg, PA. Did some riding around the city, ended up staying there for the night. On Friday we rode back to Akron, got a for the rest of the weekend. On Sunday we made the trip back to Muskegon. On Monday, I was back to work I have a 2001 F4i. It was a fun trip. This summer I'm planning on riding out to Delaware to visit some family out there, it is around 830 miles one-way. It should be a good time.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Longest trip I've been on so far was back in December, a friend and I rode from south Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) up to Birmingham, AL. It was about 850 miles each way, and we went there and back in 3 days. We took a day and a half going up there, but due to some bad weather we had to stay the night in Birmingham and leave the morning of the day we needed to be back home, so we rode straight through from Birmingham back so S. Fla in one day... took 17.5 hours [:-]. When we left Birmingham it was 38 degrees and raining, and it didn't stop raining until 40 miles south of Gainesville, FL.... 13 hours later. Boy that was a FUN trip!! But soooo worth it to be able to go to Barber

That's gonna change though, this next Friday the 12th I'm leaving on an 18 day ~5,000 mile roadtrip. Leaving S. Fla and going to Deals Gap for 4 days, then going over to Cheaseapeake Bay at VA Beach (gotta go across the 20 mile Cheaseapeake Bay Bridge!), then taking some twisty backroads through VA and WV up into Columbus, OH to visit a friend there, then over to Chicago, IL to see my mom and some old friends there (that's where I grew up), then down to central IL to visit my sister, and then see how much time I have and make my way back home, stopping in Atlanta to see someone there too. Should be a fun trip, just hope it doesn't rain the whole way!!

Oh yea I've got a 2004 F4i

Old 05-06-2006, 03:00 PM

Two weeks ago I went to Barber for the races. I drove my 05 F4i from my house in Pearl,MS to Birmingham,AL. About 260 miles one way, oh, did I mention it was freakin raining.. correction monsooning. My friend was on an 05 Susucky, I mean Suzuki VSTROM. HE broke down about 70miles down I-20. I had to ride up about 10 miles to get him a battery at walmart and come back, keep in mind it is raining its *** off, change the battery and off again. About 60 miles west of Birmingham his suscky breaks down again. This is when he pushes his ride under a bridge while I ride mine under it. I'm soaking *** wet even though I wore a rain suit, So I change into somewhat dry clothes, because the clothes I packed still got wet. We called a friend that was already in Birmingham and he found a truck and they came, we loaded the bike and they rode to our hotel in a dry truck while I rode the rest on my bike, still raining. Thank the Lord that the ride back was sunny and great. We did not get his bike fixed, it rode all the way home in the back of a Ford ranger. Total trip over 600 miles.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:57 AM

4th of July two years ago I took my F4i across Michigan's Upper Peninsula and down into the Lower Peninsula... round trip was 720 +/- miles. The U.P. was fantastic seeing as though most of the ride was along Lake Michigan... but after your cross the Big Mac, it's 90 mph down I-75 in hella-crazy traffic!!!

Did it in 2 days of riding but had a 2 day break in between the rides! During the trip I think I stopped about once per hour just to walk around and get the blood flowing back to my toes. As long as you stop for 10 or 15 minutes when you start feeling fatigued you'll be OK. You gotta stay sharp while you're riding that far of a distance... it's not like sitting behind a wheel for 6 hours.

Thinking about riding from Saginaw to Deal's Gap sometime soon. Anyone up for a road trip?!?!?

Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM

I've been on several long trips (not on the F4i I had, tho). I'm with Tahoe - make sure you take interesting roads or it's not much fun. My trips aren't the destination, they are the trips themselves.

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

i went from socal to norcal...mang...that was horrible trip! mah legs were all bowled out and stuff...bug hell, etc...
but that's cause i took the wrong road...the straight one...

Old 05-07-2006, 01:47 PM

the longest trip i've taken on my 600RR was from carbondale, illinois to louisville, kentucky - about 500 miles roundtrip. i made one stop only for gas. my *** was sore! i'm currently looking for a corbin

Quick Reply: What's the longest trip you have been on with the f4i?