F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What you think

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you to all, i am glad that some people like it. i am loving it right now and am all geared up for bike week in daytona. you can not tell from the pics but when i painted it i laid a silver base coat and then the orange on top so there is a hint of silver flake through out the whole bike. i am going to hold off on the decals for a little bit, but when i get them on there i will be sure to post up some pics.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler947
+1 for before. Whenever I see a monotone bike like this I think that it must have been down, repaired, and painted a solid color.

Paint that slider black.
Agree. The monotone paint jobs just don't look right to my eye. I like the red and black better, but I'm biased, since that's what I have.

The red slider is okay with the red and black, but clashes with the orange. Change it to black.

Quality of the paint looks good, tho.

--Paul

Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 PM

I also don't like the orange much. Not gonna hate on it... just like the red/black better.

You might get more fans of the orange with some good black decals to add some contrast.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I like it... and I normally don't like orange colored vehicles, so I would say good job. I do agree that it needs more work - like the red bits gone and as someone already stated, something black to break it up. Just take your time and do it right. And do what you like.

I did like the before, too, though. Mine is the blue and black, which I think the blue or red are the best looking.

good choice on the stock exhaust, too. btw, I think a polished frame would look kick-@$$ with that metallic orange... just sayin'.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM

First let me warn you I A WEIRDO. The car side of me likes the orange, nice clean and "shaved" just like I like my cars. But for some reason when it comes to bikes I turn kind of rice(Decals,lights, loud exhuast), so I like the first one with the factory decals.

I'm in the process of painting mine black but I'm waiting on my seat cowl. LOL and I going with no decals at all other then a tank, and gas cap sticker. But I will have some LEDS around <<<<<<<SEE TOLD YOU I WAS WEIRD

Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM

Is it just a regular red bull can and how did you cut the red bull can?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 PM

yup just a red bull can, cut the top and bottom off, and put a slit down the back side and wrap it around the sucker. thats all there is to it, oh and i cut it with a razor knife

Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I like the orange. Its custom. You won't see any other F4i's like it. I shows that you take a lot of pride in your ride. Don't get me wrong I like the red and black too but this way you will stand out and be seen. Congrats on it. My bike is in the paint shop right now. I'll post pics when its all done.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 AM

prefer the original colours .... BUT love the RED BULL touch!!!

How did you do it? decal around the canister?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
prefer the original colours .... BUT love the RED BULL touch!!!

How did you do it? decal around the canister?
Read 2 posts up!!!!

Search this Thread