CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What temp are you comfortable to ride off at? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-temp-you-comfortable-ride-off-117648/)

600F4inoober 10-13-2010 07:04 PM

What temp are you comfortable to ride off at?

Just curious. At what temp do you guy's start to actually ride your bike upon first start (i.e in the morning)? I know the most important thing is lubrication/oil rather than actual "temperature" but I wanted to compare what everyone is doing versus what my thoughts are. I will ALWAYS wait until the temp gauge starts its registering at 97 but I usually smack down to 1rst and roll off around 105-110. Man, I feel for you guys in the midwest and eastcoast...must be quite a few minutes before you see that 97 show up:icon_no:

Knowing that most wear and tear is during first start...I always give er a few minutes:)

If its cold, she'll idle at 2k then slowly drop to 1500 when 97 shows up...I idle at 1400-1500 regardless of temp thereafter..

Random Question:
Both of my bar ends/weights/plastic knobs are able to turn back and forth about a half moon with ease. I believe the PO may have dropped the bike on both ends and damaged each. No matter how much I tighten the bolts, they still seem to just move freely? The screw gets tight but the end not so much. This is not normal correct? Dosen't seem so. I would think the bar ends would tighten down stationary!? I'd like to replace the bar ends(the weights are "in" these plastic ends correct?) and screws if they are faulty but I am reluctant because I currently have little to no vibration in the handlebars (thank god). What do you think?

01F4i32 10-13-2010 07:27 PM

I roll out as soon as it registers if i'm ready and rarin to go but i'm usually screwin around shut the garage or somethin while it warms up, so its usually around 115-130

NateDieselF4i 10-13-2010 08:06 PM

I thought you meant like 30 degrees outside or 90 degrees or whatever.
The answer to that, is as long as there isn't snow on the ground i'm probably riding. Not that frequently when its freezing mind you.

But regardless I usually start the bike moving when it the Temp registers on the gauge. but I don't always. 30 seconds warm up at the minimum.

joeroberts 10-13-2010 08:11 PM

Lol I've started my bike and it's already at 105
Most of the time it's about 97-105 on a normal
Sumer day here in TX.

Kuroshio 10-13-2010 08:37 PM

First start in the morning? Dunno... I use the remote start so it's always around 120+ by the time I get my gear on and unlock the gate :)

kilgoretrout 10-13-2010 08:51 PM

When she's warm enough that she doesn't stall. :D
So I'd say that's about 30-45secs on cold days. :icon_shrug:
Dam your FI! And your digital temp gauges!!! lol...
(Buncha sissies. hehe! :))

Xander F4i 10-13-2010 08:51 PM

I try to let the temperature start to register, but definitely wait for the idle to drop.

Krux 10-13-2010 09:04 PM

105-110 here. Then its at 1500 rpms and its easier to smack it down.

Kuroshio 10-13-2010 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 976872)
When she's warm enough that she doesn't stall. :D
So I'd say that's about 30-45secs on cold days. :icon_shrug:
Dam your FI! And your digital temp gauges!!! lol...
(Buncha sissies. hehe! :))

Not our fault Honda equipped the FI bikes with a "Fun" button and you got the bike with the "Ok, let's get ready for fun" button :icon_couchhide:

But I remember cold starting the F3. Wish I had installed the remote start in her

Xander F4i 10-13-2010 09:22 PM

After I rid myself of the carburated (spelling) bike in my possession it'll only be fuel injected units for me.

The cold blooded thing (no offense) is for the birds.