CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What it is to be a squid (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-squid-110273/)

RunwayOneSix 05-08-2010 02:41 PM

What it is to be a squid

So having heard the term over and over and not sure what it means. I hopped on Urban Dictionary to find out what exactly is a squid. I almost rolled over laughing... Exactly how many of these creatures do you have lurking around in your neighborhood?

Definition of a "Squid":

An extremely rare animal with a short lifespan. Usually a new sport bike enthusiast with the reasoning of a lunatic, whom you might see thrashing on an R1 wearing sandals, shorts, and a tee.
When found lying motionless on the pavement, this creature transforms itself into a stream of blood, exposed flesh, and broken limbs. Hence the squid moniker.

GBCBRf4iRyder 05-08-2010 02:51 PM

Pretty much sums it up. A squid is a rider who would rather look good to girls on there bike rather than being geared up and protected if he/she falls. Squids dont wear helmets because how are other people supposed to see what they look like. Squids were shorts and short sleeve shirts so they can show off there body, squids dont need gloves more for them to deal with when they stop at the local place of interest.

Basically a Squid is a dumb@ss that is more worried about how he/she appeals to everyone else on the road, rather than being safe if they fall.

Once a squid always a squid.

I say ride safe or dont ride at all. No matter if I go 5 miles or 500 I always have a helmet leather jacket gloves textile pants and riding boots on Id rather be safe than looking good. altough I must say I do look pretty bad@ss in the gear I have haha.

Turbulenz 05-08-2010 03:14 PM

nothin for nothin... I see just as many squids on cruisers as on sportbikes.. maybe more... my personal favorite are those clowns that ride with the helmet on top of their heads like a starter cap.. not latched or anything... face in the wind...

Krux 05-08-2010 03:17 PM

Yes there are more squids I would say on harley's than anything. Around here nobody ever wears helmets when riding on one of them. I always wear gear too...yet i'll admit if it is 5 miles to my fathers place which is only 30 mph I will only wear a helmet. I can run 20mph so I figured having a helmet is probably safer than when I run without one haha.

RunwayOneSix 05-08-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz (Post 918166)
nothin for nothin... I see just as many squids on cruisers as on sportbikes.. maybe more... my personal favorite are those clowns that ride with the helmet on top of their heads like a starter cap.. not latched or anything... face in the wind...

:icon_lolsign: I've seen that one prolly too often....never could figure out why they'd wear the helmet on the top of the their head like that. I suppose those are simply the ways of the squidly.

andyriot 05-08-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz (Post 918166)

lmao that looks so stupid ive never understood that.

living in florida on the beach, i see squids all day long. the typical muscle bound guido rockin a wife beater, boardshorts, and flip flops with their hat backwards and sunglasses.... on their zx14 going 30mph down the beach.

bike night? dont even get me started lol

Kuroshio 05-08-2010 05:02 PM

I love it when they have a nice custom helmet, painted to match the paint on their bike...

That way it perfectly accessorizes the tail where its hanging from the helmet lock :icon_doh:

Red_Eye 05-08-2010 05:04 PM

Harley riders are squids by default, because the Harley code forbids full face helmets. The best thing about getting my girlfriend off her Harley was the fact that the world of quality gear was opened up to her.

That, plus that fact that her Harley 1200 couldn't keep up to a Katana 600 (or a ZZR 250 if there were turns involved), never mind my Blackbird :icon_razz:

Kuroshio 05-08-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Red_Eye (Post 918211)
Harley riders are squids by default, because the Harley code forbids full face helmets. The best thing about getting my girlfriend off her Harley was the fact that the world of quality gear was opened up to her.

That, plus that fact that her Harley 1200 couldn't keep up to a Katana 600 (or a ZZR 250 if there were turns involved), never mind my Blackbird :icon_razz:

Might wanna qualify that statement a bit. Before a certain admin who rides a Harley sees ;)

Red_Eye 05-08-2010 05:39 PM

Harley/sportbike crossovers are statistical anomalies, my statement stands :icon_couchhide: