CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What else mods are there? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-else-mods-there-32231/)

ddaren 02-27-2007 10:23 AM

What else mods are there?

First of all, where I am from, I can't use much performance at all. Therefore, I am looking mainly for looks. I don't need any power commanders, new tires, exhaust systems, etc.

So far, all my mods are currently on my signature.

I have already ordered an undertail kit, a carbon fiber triple tree cover, a set of fairing bolts (black instead of silver). I will be repainting the entire bike next month.

I would get rid of the passenger seat/pegs, but my girlfriend rides with me frequently.

Anybody have any ideas on what else I can do? Any tips will be welcome, doesn't matter how ricey it is. LoL.

city worker 02-27-2007 11:02 AM

RE: What else mods are there?

Imagination and money ;)sounds like you coverd the basic's, you need to get creative now [8D]

ddaren 02-27-2007 11:05 AM

hmmm... my friend told me to think about putting on mesh grills where there are holes like at the mid fairing and the air duct vents.

I honestly have never seen an F4i with grills. Was wondering if anybody has pics? Would it actually look good if the grills were silver or black?

Candymanmo06F4I 02-27-2007 11:09 AM

There is a post here of someone who did the mesh grills theyjust went to either lowes or home depot and cut them to fit. It looked straight in my opinion but that was over the summer last year when i saw the post.

D2VW14_20 02-27-2007 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the mesh grills on a 600RR

Attachment 84223

Candymanmo06F4I 02-27-2007 12:05 PM

How much did that run you.

patrick_nobles 02-27-2007 12:48 PM

check out my photo gallery...I have a couple of pics of my F4i with the mesh grilles (both sides and front). You can order from ebay for about $80 (recommened), or go the cheap way and get gutter mesh grilles. Easy to install and looks great.

Tahoe SC 02-27-2007 01:21 PM

do yourself rather than ebay ones. save yourself the money and then go with powder coating your rims gold! like the ducatis!

fishfryer527 02-27-2007 06:34 PM

HID...Rim stripes...

D2VW14_20 02-27-2007 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Candymanmo06F4I

How much did that run you.
Didnt cost me anything because I had all of the stuff, but you can go to Advanced Auto and get some of the tuner grill mesh for about $20 or you can go to Home Depot and get the stove mesh for about $5. Personally, the stove mesh is to tight of a weave for me.