F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What to do What to do

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do What to do

I am currently in process of getting my 05 f4i repainted got a little more body work to do. I have shaved my front signals flush with the rest of the plastics made my own undertail and removed the grab bar. I like to have custom things done to my back that are subtle. In were you guys would know but your average person looks and sees nothing different. I am moving the kickstand to the right side and putting the exhaust left side. I am doing a two tone paint scheme. The front will be broke down the middle on the body line to the headlights. That will be pearl white along with the fender tank and tail. The side pieces will be blue. Now the real question here is to powder coat to gloss black or polish. If I powder coat I will do rearsets, passenger pegs, front forks, frame, swingarm, sub frame, and the wheels. The get a gold sprocket with gold calipers. If I polish I wouldnt do all of that. The rims all but the spokes the controls and heel guards, and the frame. SO what would look better with a blue/white paint job, Black ro chrome? What would be a more subtle change as for as people not knowing black or chrome? I also want to get this bike done and have no more than 4 or 5 colors. I like my buddys kaw 636 but its orange 2 shades of black chrome gold brass its a mess to the eye.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: What to do What to do

I'm thining I want to see some pictures ASAP!!! What is the reason for changing to a "goofy" stance (as far as the kickstand and pipe)? Anyway, that sounds sick as hell. If it were me, I would go with the black powder coat on the accessories. Can't wait to see it!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM

I will get with gt2nv and have him help me do the pic thing. I suck at computers. With the kickstand flipped it wont really be that ackward the wheel locks both ways if you never tried i was kinda suprised.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 AM

sorry to add another post but the reason for "the flip" as its known around my garage. is cause you ever seen and f4i with it?

Old 05-08-2007, 01:27 AM

I"ve never seen an f4i with a giant bull horns on it either but are you going to slap that on your bike too?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've seen an SV650 with bull horns....or wait maybe itwas a Buell.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:53 PM

+1 on the idea of having a unique bike
-1 on the idea of going through all hassle/money to switch the exhaust and stand to opposite sides.

if u wanna have a unique bike, try something else that's more noticeable and actually makes your bike look nicer. If you want, you can actually relocate your exhaust to under your tail. That'll look much nicer than the swapping sides of stand/exhaust. Not too many f4i's like that on the road.

Your idea of switching the stand/exhaust isn't very good at all to me. Sorry to sound like an ***, but i'm just telling the truth. It's like me changing my car's window wipers. Normally, from the off position, it goes clockwise to go up, then counterclockwise to go back down. You idea on your bike is similar to me wanting to change the direction of my wipers. Not very noticeable, if anything, ppl might think it's weird, and it'll cost money just for a simple thing like that.

remember, don't take any of my words personally. this is a forums, we speak our minds about what ppl post. don't reply back with a statement like, "shutup, you don't know anything about bikes" or "you're the type of kid who gets beaten up at school huh?". don't wanna start a useless argument on the internet like most ppl do.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Swapping kick stand and exhaust sounds like wanting to mess up the bike IMHO.
Would you consider moving the throttle & brake lever to the left and the clutch to the right or put the headlamps on the tail and vice versa? Seems so wrong but can be done and someone might just notice. You'd probably need to look in a mirror to ride the bike right.

As for the color scheme, i'd take black over chrome. Lets see pics on whatever you eventually do.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ddaren

remember, don't take any of my words personally. this is a forums, we speak our minds about what ppl post. don't reply back with a statement like, "shutup, you don't know anything about bikes" or "you're the type of kid who gets beaten up at school huh?". don't wanna start a useless argument on the internet like most ppl do.
Whoever said internet arguments were useless is a stupid idiot who got beat up in school.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: F4Isvt

Now the real question here is to powder coat to gloss black or polish. If I powder coat I will do rearsets, passenger pegs, front forks, frame, swingarm, sub frame, and the wheels. The get a gold sprocket with gold calipers. If I polish I wouldnt do all of that. The rims all but the spokes the controls and heel guards, and the frame. SO what would look better with a blue/white paint job, Black ro chrome? What would be a more subtle change as for as people not knowing black or chrome?
Well first off welcome to the World of custom F4i's I looove mine!
Second off GO POWDER COAT!!!!

If you have any doubt just go to any bike night and look at all the polished rims and subframes that look great the first day they are done then after a month start to fade and look like someone rubbed wax on them and never botherd to buff it out!

Check out my pic's if you wanna see what a full powder frame ect looks like, it's hot and gloss black would look sick!

besides... everyone does polish or chrome, it's overdone