F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

what are the chances?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the chances?

I have an 05 f4i, that doesn't wanna start. Its like brand new, I don't know what the deal is? Fuel delivery doesn't seem to be a problem but it just seems that a spark problem on a bike that new seems stupid, or maybe not?! The whole thing is gonna get torn down tomorrow, but if there are any "quirks" with these bikes I would love to find them out the cheaper way! Any advice would be great, thanks to all

Old 12-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Nim
Default RE: what are the chances?

I have an 04 and the only problem I've ever had starting the bike is because of a low battery charge. My mechanic told me that the F4's have always had poor charging system. Assuming that yours has the same battery since 05 a fresh battery might do the trick. And using a battery tender when your not on the bike will keep the charge up.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

low battery / clogged engine / blown starter fuse / faulty kickstand switch / faulty clutch switch / faulty neutral detector / faulty starter switch
and some more, most of which are simple problems not requiring tearing down the bike... look before you leap! debug some more! this forum can help you with that.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Does it crank? If so, it is flooded. Did you start it for a minute and then shut it off? A few members, myself included, had this happen to them and it was flooded.