F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What Can do you have on your suspension resevoir?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Can do you have on your suspension resevoir?

No sorry putting a beer can over your res is kinda gay now why dont you spend some real money on something like hmm chrome or paint. Look at the pics it looks like total hell. "smooth ride by Colt 45" haha. Your better off putting a fat chick on your bike cause you know people are laughing at you regardless. Im glad that **** isn't going on in Philly. Sorry for the hostility but i'v spent alot of money on custom paint and chrome making my bike my own. This is just a cheap thing to do to make it look a little different. Its kinda like when you see 20inch rims and a shopping cart wing on a CRX with some sorta racing stickers. It may be cool to you but most everyone else shaking their heads think god thats stupid.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: OutToWin PAHC
It may be cool to you...
Isn't that what matters? I don't know about you guys, I really don't care what other people think about my bike. If I like it, then I'm happy.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: OutToWin PAHC

No sorry putting a beer can over your res is kinda gay now why dont you spend some real money on something like hmm chrome or paint. Look at the pics it looks like total hell. "smooth ride by Colt 45" haha. Your better off putting a fat chick on your bike cause you know people are laughing at you regardless. Im glad that **** isn't going on in Philly. Sorry for the hostility but i'v spent alot of money on custom paint and chrome making my bike my own. This is just a cheap thing to do to make it look a little different. Its kinda like when you see 20inch rims and a shopping cart wing on a CRX with some sorta racing stickers. It may be cool to you but most everyone else shaking their heads think god thats stupid.
or you could spend money on stuff that really matters, like suspension tuning, dynotesting, borekits, cf body pannels........

OTW we all have differnt things that we do to our bikes cuase they are ours. you spent money on custom paint and chrome. to me thats a waste of time, and the paper your money was printed on. you might think spendning hours tuning the suspension for better performance on ONE track might be a waste of time. to each his own.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:08 PM

Putting a can over the res. doesnt involve money, u drink it and then cut it open thats it. Yea i can understand that its not a turbo, or upraded suspension but its something that makes the bike alittle different than others, thats it. All of the other bikes that i ride with think its kinda cool, and to tell you the truth im not making my bike look nicer for anybody else but me. If i like adding small things then thats my desision. There seems to be a good amount of other people on this forum that think the same way and i really dont appreciate the criticism, i bet some of the others dont either.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:27 PM

Chrome is just as stupid as the can over the resevoir. I have redbull, mainly because the standard size of the can most closely resembles the size of the resevoir. I think it looks very cool, makes the bike stand out, and shows that you have a sense of humor. Plus it is as close to free as any mod can get. I think adding 10+ pounds of unsprung weight to your bike by chroming the swingarm, wheels, sprocket, rotors, etc. is stupid, but hey if you want people to look at you and say "Wow that $6000 motorcycle sure looks expensive with all the chrome" then go for it. The can doesnt do anything to rideability and is a great conversation piece, whether people compliment it or, like my girlfriend, say that it looks like a piece of trash on the side of your bike. Plus you can always take it off later or switch it for something else. There are never ending customization possibilities.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 PM

well hey to each their own but iy may only be an 01 f4i but appraises very high and I have had offers of 15000 for my bike but I cant let it go. And no my bike is not only looks it is also very heavily modified too much to name. The list could go on and on. The can is just a cheap hey look at me, very comical.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 PM

The chrome is akin to ricing out a ****ty Civic with $7,000 worth of plastic, including that big gay wing that attaches to the truck lid with sheet metal screws.

The red bull can is more like a goof, not a real mod. It gets a laugh and costs about a buck.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:54 PM

it may be a cheap look but when i had my bike parked at work nobody said anything with nothing on the resevoir,when i put the red bull can on people noticed it. when i took it off every one wondered where the can went because they liked it!!