F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What is this bike worth? 2001 F4i

Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this bike worth? 2001 F4i

I need some help. I've been away from the bike scene for a while and now getting back into it. Can anyone tell me if this is worth it? It's an 01 F4i w/39k miles w/some accessories for $2,600. Was black a color for 2001? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. MDC

Last edited by regener8ed; 12-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Going to need a lot more info on the bike before we can give you a decent answer. We need to know the conditions of all the plastics, the tires, chain and sprockets, brake pads, rotors, any dents in the gas tank. Have the valves been checked. Has it been down. All black was not a color in 01. Black and silver was.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And location as I know in Ontario, Canada the average price for F4i's are about $4-$5k.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 AM

defiantly ask for records of a full service including valves and other electrical parts done by a reputable shop. like the others said check the other parts as well. new chain/sprocket 150, 2 new tires about 300 installed, fuel pump/ fuel reg about 200, brakes all around 50, check for rust in the tank and cosmetic damage. so maybe you have found a great deal but with my experience he is trying to unload it because something is wrong with it.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 PM

IMHO I would wait for a better offer. By the way that the fairing story looks, it sounds like theres something wrong and hes trying to rid it. When I say better offer it could or could not be cheaper, but the condition is a MUST CHECK!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM

Guys, Sorry about the lack of information. I'm new to this forum and I had the link to this bike, but it was never added.
I bought the bike yesterday for $2,000.
It's a 2001 F4i w/39k indicated miles. It was painted all black w/red honda decals on the bottom of the cowling....looks excellent! It's a clean bike, but must of been laid down before (left cover is scratched, but painted), but all plastic looks and tank are good and clean. It's higher miles then I wanted, but it's clean and valve train and bike sounds great. Anyway, it has new Michelin Road 3 tires, new brakes, new sprockets (rear is +3)/chain, and new battery. It also has a dyno power commander, carbon fiber D&D pipe and other small accessories like rear fender kit, signals, grips, etc....Anyway, I rode it and seems like a great bike for the price.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bzdqkq
I bought the bike yesterday for $2,000.
Congrats, post some pics of it.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bzdqkq
new sprockets (rear is +3)/chain,
Does it have a Speedohealer?
If not you will be adding more mileage to your bike as well the speedo will be reading the wrong speed.
Easiest way to check other then riding with a GPS to verify is check your mileage vs rpms to this www.gearingcommander.com.

Cheers and Congrats on the bike.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Default Pic

I hope this attachment is viewable? Also, I'm in the process of cleaning the bike up and have all the fairings off. How is the wiring harness routed in front of bike? Does it go outside the frame or inside and routed above the radiator? Also, this bike has a K&N filter and power programmer. I was thinking of taking off the power programmer. How much do these programmers actually effect the performance?

Attached Thumbnails What is this bike worth? 2001 F4i-2001honda_f4i600.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
October 2011 ROTM

The attachment is viewable. It is a small picture but from the looks of it, it is a clean bike. Just remember that when all the fairings are off the bike will not start. The headlights have to be plugged in and the BAS upright for the bike to start. The best info for how the wiring harness is routed is in the service manual. If you don't have one click here then click on 600. The routing diagram starts on 1-23. If the bike runs good I would leave everything as is. As the old saying goes don't fix it if it's not broke. I've never had a power commander but from my research the power commander doesn't increase performance but it does smooth out the powerband and makes the bike more enjoyable to ride. If the bike starts to act funny then I would remove it but until then just leave it on and enjoy the bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this bike worth? 2001 F4i