F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Whacha think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whacha think?

Hey everyone noob here and wanted to c if I could get some opinions on whether this is a deal or pass. Here's the link:http://www.fayetteville.craigslist.o...568514961.html. I went and took a look at it yesterday it's now got 11,234 miles. It's a 2 owner bike. It looks pretty good it has some paint chips here and there. The owner says he'll take $3000 should I take it or leave it? It does have a salvage title from the 1st owner but you couldn't tell by looking at it. I made sure to look at any signs of a laydown but didn't really find any; looks like a lot of stuff has been replaced. Oh yeah the guy said he just got it outta the shop because the engine was backfiring and it had some codes on the computer that the shop erased that caused it, Sound Fishy?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Good Deal????

You'ddefinately be taking a gamble on that bike, I'd keep looking. The salvage title, custom work and engine problems would make me nervous. Right now its a buyers market so you can find crazy cheap prices on nice bikes in top shape until spring.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 AM

ask him for $1k

Old 02-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Banned

Sound Fishy?
Why are you asking me? I'd pass on it. Plus if you are new, I'd get a smaller bike to learn on.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Default Whatcha think?

I'm asking because of the fact that you guys have more experience with these bikes then I do. You know what breaks and known problems with them. I've found another one that has more miles but the title is clear http://www.charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/565020397.html. FYI I'm not new to bikes just new to owning them, I've ridden numerous bikes that friends and family have owned just haven't bought my own.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Whatcha think?

that is a very good price assuming everything is ok.
i would talk to the guy and see if you can "feel the situation out"
see if he talks about the bike like he took care of it.
with my bike i talked to the guy for 25 min. the first time on the phone, he knew everything that had been done to the bike, every little detail. i could tell he took care of it and really cared for the bike. he was also willing to do anything i asked him to do as far as pictures, hearing the bike run ( i had to drive 2+ hours to the bike so i had him start it on the phone and let me hear it ) so talk to the guy on the phone, or in person to see if it feels right, if it does, and you think the bike has been well taken care of then that is a great price, and a nice looking bike, its def. unique and will get noticed

Old 02-11-2008, 03:36 PM

assuming the backfiring isn't a real issue, if it were a perfectly functioning 01 f4i w/ salvage title, it's worth less than 3,000.

i paid 3,000 for my s-title f4i, 2 years ago. mid 2's is a little more reasonable, ASSUMING the backfiring issue/CEL codes have been fixed.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 PM

The backfiring has been fixed and there's no bb problem that everyone talks about on these bikes. I think I'm leaning more towards the white bike because the guy is very knowledgeable of it and has taken good car of it. It also has a clean title. I'm going to offer him $2300 cash and see if he takes it.