CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   went down hard. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/went-down-hard-152267/)

Joshua Rodriguez 06-24-2014 12:12 PM

went down hard.

7 Attachment(s)
High sided in a turn going onto a bridge and was able to stay on long enough to hit a curb. Bridge had no side rails and so over and into the river the bike and i went. Fell 15-20 feet down into about 4 feet of water.
I hit my head pretty hard and my helmet did it's job but I did get a concussion and knocked out.
Bike isn't that bad, considering what happened. Going to fix the bike and keep riding it. Pics are below. Drained quite a bit of water from the engine through the drain plug. Filled it full of oil to push more water down into the oil pan. I've been recovering so haven't done much work to the bike. Besides getting new plugs and flushing all fluids what else should I do? What should I check and look for?
the forks seem straight, how do I check them?. Both rims are straight and not bent.

Attachment 28939

Attachment 28940

Attachment 28941

Attachment 28942

Attachment 28943

Attachment 28944

Attachment 28945

Mattson 06-24-2014 12:40 PM

Jeesh dude! You're very lucky you didn't drown in there due to being knocked out! Or the bike could have pulled you to the bottom! In the past week you were probly the fifth user that has low/hisided, ran out of the road or got into some kind of a collission! Scary stuff.

Get yourself well before worrying about the bike, it can wait.

hamlin6 06-24-2014 12:43 PM

Man o man. That is a tough spill you had. You are one very fortunate person. Many worse things could have happened. Count your blessings and get healed up.

Missynet 06-24-2014 01:26 PM

Oo wow, get well soon.

I recon I would let it dry a mile Like you heal but I gess there are some things needed to be done asap. Pros here could give good advise on that.

Glad ur alive!

CorruptFile 06-24-2014 10:48 PM

Welcome to the club. Missy and I both are members :P Glad you're okay though!

Here's a nice tutorial on how to check if your still straight (you know what I mean)
Do It Yourself, Motorcycle Frame Check

Conrice 06-24-2014 11:19 PM

That sucks to hear, but I'm glad you're on the upswing and getting better. Take your time with the bike. Parts will fall into place, and don't rush to get it back on the road and miss something important.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

74demon 06-24-2014 11:26 PM

Besides checking the obvious physical damage, look at the electrical system. Electricity/electrical components and water don't mix well. Since you can't put your bike in rice for a week, make sure the inside of every connector is dry before you try to apply the juice. It may be too late already since the key was on when it went into the drink. You may get lucky though...

Mattson 06-24-2014 11:29 PM

Yea and if you haven't already PULL THE BATTERY NOW! Then as instructed go through every single connector when you get better.

RedBaron 06-25-2014 02:21 AM

Wow that's a scary thought, one of my worst nightmares would be riding off the edge of a bridge. Best of luck for a speedy recovery mate.

Scott91370 06-25-2014 11:17 PM

WOW! Glad damage to you was minimal, concussions aren't fun but it does sound like wearing your gear saved a lot of injury.