CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Well it took 5 hours but I succesfully replaced my CCT (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/well-took-5-hours-but-i-succesfully-replaced-my-cct-88876/)

jharbinson 03-09-2009 10:25 PM

Well it took 5 hours but I succesfully replaced my CCT

and threw on some frame sliders too. I must have dropped the new CCT 76 times while trying fit it in there and screw it in. Several times the CCT, gasket and screw fell way down in there and I needed a magnet to find them all. At any rate it was very rewarding to get all the plastic back on, start her up and the vibration being gone!

G3NESYS 03-09-2009 10:31 PM

sweet
yea i need to do this too but im running short on money, lol
i shoulda did this as like my #2 winter fix but i went with chain/sprockets (which are turning out to be more expensive than i thought, after you add the breaker/press), then a lower link, and ill need to get oil and filter.

i might en dup being able to do this anyway a little thru the summer tho
did you get another OEM one or did you get the manual one

Incognito 03-10-2009 12:02 AM

Cool dude; nice job :)

LiMe_GrEeN_MaChInE 03-10-2009 12:20 AM

yeah +1 to G3 did you go oem or Manuel ape?

Carbon_cavvy 03-10-2009 01:12 AM

yea its a pain to do... last time i did mine apparently the lower bolt was not tight, thus causing an oil leak...... i would check under the bike in a week or two for oil to be sure your bolts are still snug....

Aken 03-10-2009 05:36 AM

Still have my manual one sitting in a box somewhere. Gonna have one of my friends do all the tune up stuff before the season kicks off, will have them install it then.

Stephens 03-10-2009 09:35 AM

Good job getting it done. Its better riding when its not rattling around.

StrikeAnywhere 03-10-2009 04:31 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

jharbinson 03-10-2009 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my baby taken apart.....
Attachment 64521

Thats all the proof I have....
Oh and I went with the OEM instead of manual

skoobydoobie 03-10-2009 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by StrikeAnywhere (Post 755418)
Pics or it didn't happen.

So appearently I didnt change my plugs, oil, chain and sprockets over the weekend. Huh. Maybe I should do them again just to make sure. And take pics to PROOVE it. Whatever.

Cool beans bro, glad to hear you did it yourself. Is it worth paying 130 bucks to have someone else do it? (Not to me) But I've tried to convince others on here to DIY, but they don't listen. You went with OEM, did you get the latest and greatest reengineered one that is less prone to failure, or go with the one they had listed in the book? I guess (from what I've read) that the newest revision isn't listed in the book for the F4i, and that you have to request it. Anywhos, ride safe bro