CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   warped front rotors, cheap upgrade alternatives? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/warped-front-rotors-cheap-upgrade-alternatives-52333/)

BoRkA 10-18-2007 10:48 AM

warped front rotors, cheap upgrade alternatives?

I have a 2001 F4i andafter 5 track dayson itmy front rotors seem to have warped, when braking at speed my front tends to shake.
so since i will be changing them, what are some cheap alternatives? i mean which other brand\model stock rotors will fit with out modification and with out changing the calipers?

I know i can get cheap one's on ebay from a newer F4i, but i figured if im changing them, might as well upgrade alittle if possible.

Jaybird180 10-18-2007 01:53 PM

RE: warped front rotors, cheap upgrade alternatives?

Bump for tha cause

Tahoe SC 10-18-2007 02:28 PM

you sure they are warped? offset suspension will also do the same.

BoRkA 10-18-2007 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

you sure they are warped? offset suspension will also do the same.
Im pretty sure its the rotors, When on the track brakingHARD i get front chatter, it feels like im drilling an impact drill into the ground.
Now when im on the highway i did a test and pressed the brake lever lightly and there was the uneven rotor chatter feel, and the stronger i press the brake the more apperent it is.

If this is not the brake rotors then i have no idea what else it could be. I have a new set of Carbon Lorain SBK3 brake pads on it.

What do you mean by offset suspension? I had my suspension set for my weight about 5 month ago by a reputable shop.

alekinci 10-18-2007 02:47 PM

a cheap alternative is difficult to find. i think a direct swap is a more feasible solution.
did you check out the wheel for dents or alignment?
also, some other guy on here had a problem like this and he thought it was the rotors as well. it turned out he had a loose nut in the fornt end. I believe it was the nut in the tree.

BoRkA 10-18-2007 02:53 PM

Alex, whats up man??

I'll look at the steering head nut as well.

did you get those plastics yet?? cant wait to see them.

alekinci 10-18-2007 03:01 PM

no, i did not get them yet. they are still detained by the chinese government.

Jaybird180 10-18-2007 03:37 PM

Severe suspension problems can feel like that too. I had ita little. I reduced some compression and took out a touch of rebound. Feels like the tire is skipping, right?

Tahoe SC 10-18-2007 03:58 PM

oh you gots the chatter at hard brake eh? i used to have that when i brake extremely hard...was my suspension.

snowboarding82 10-18-2007 04:17 PM

I have the same problem that I think you're talking about. When I brake hard it makes a loud noise sometimes and my brake lever shakes. Also when I brake really hard like emergency braking, you know what it sounds like when you down shift, the clunking, well my bike does that really really really fast like a machine gun. I think it's trying to down shift and it does it whether I have the clutch in or not. How do I know if it's my suspension?