CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Urgent:stubborn screws!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/urgent-stubborn-screws-109068/)

K7inne09 04-17-2010 01:47 PM

Urgent:stubborn screws!!!

WTF!! do you guys do about screws that you just cant get out and are slowly but surely stripping the heads...Im in the middle of a replacing my brakes right now and I got the right side pads in fine and everything and now I go to the left side can I cant get the 2 damn pins out of the caliper (the pins that basically go through that spring thing...) Also is it necessary to take off the reservoir cap up on the handle bars?? cause I didnt....

Kuroshio 04-17-2010 03:06 PM

Vice grips if I can. But you can also pop the head clean off if ya do that

adam-cbr 04-17-2010 04:03 PM

WD40, or if all else fails drill it and re-tap it.

K7inne09 04-17-2010 04:41 PM

Can't get to it with vice grips...this pisses me off so bad...I ended up just puttin the old pads back on for now Because the wear indicators are still visible I'm goin to use an ez out and just drill the little bastards out and order some new pins online ... I think I should be ok doin gentle riding until I can get everything done...however I still don't know why the guy told me to take the reservoir cap off!?when changing the pads b/c in my haynes manual it doesn't say anything about that???

Jinxer 04-17-2010 05:18 PM

bring it to a dealership, and then be like WHAT'D YOU DO!?!?! :-p
but other than vice-grips (once the screw/bolt is stripped), Snap-On sells "easy outs" that go over the screw/bolt head that basically grips every side as you take it off. Its a one way process, but you can try looking into those.

bluedevil3758 04-17-2010 07:53 PM

i think they tell u to take the reservoir cap off to make it easier to push the pistons back in, at least thats what i do on cars

K7inne09 04-17-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jinxer (Post 908550)
bring it to a dealership, and then be like WHAT'D YOU DO!?!?! :-p
but other than vice-grips (once the screw/bolt is stripped), Snap-On sells "easy outs" that go over the screw/bolt head that basically grips every side as you take it off. Its a one way process, but you can try looking into those.

Im pretty sure im just going to do that Im tired of F*ckin with it.

Bluedevil- I guess that would make sense mine werent hard to push back at all so i guess i just wont worry about it lol

skoobydoobie 04-18-2010 10:25 AM

Go buy a small propane torch and heat that stubborn b*tch up, they'll come out like butter.

Kuroshio 04-18-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by bluedevil3758 (Post 908585)
i think they tell u to take the reservoir cap off to make it easier to push the pistons back in, at least thats what i do on cars

+1