F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Universal Sign to motorcyclist

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I signal every rider I see on any bike. I look at it as a sign of mutual respect between riders. Some Harley guys don't wave back but I don't sweat it. I only laugh at myself when I inadvertently wave to a scooter....

Old 04-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered Users

i always wave.. cept the harley riders out in CA dont wave much.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrible_1
I only laugh at myself when I inadvertently wave to a scooter....
How about to someone on a bicycle?

I spend more time each year on long distance bicycle rides than I do riding my motorcycle. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll do a low wave to an oncoming motorcycle to see how many I can get to wave back. Most of them do.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 PM

no, thats the universal sign that means "im a way too cool poser so i gotta do the down low wave to fit in with the other fairweather -riding squids" i just beep beep my horn at em or nothing at all.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by cBrentb
no, thats the universal sign that means "im a way too cool poser so i gotta do the down low wave to fit in with the other fairweather -riding squids" i just beep beep my horn at em or nothing at all.
well that's me!!! BUT!!! i don't ride to fit in i ride because i enjoy it. but wait is it typical of a poser to do this >>>>>>https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...begins-143246/

i waive because everyone on 2 or 3 wheels is taking the same risk as i am to enjoy something that some just flat out don't have nuts to attempt.

you can call me a poser anyday of the week....... still will be hitting the road when the weathers nice and above 40 degrees F with low chance of rain.. i will be loving every minute of it .

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM

I 'Signal' to everyone, even scooters. I do have some harley's and Busa's that don't wave back. But I just say 'A##Hole' in my head. Lol

Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some Harley riders wave, some don't. I wave at almost everybody.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by rd91si
I wave to everyone even scooters, harley guys are to cool to wave soo when I
see a group of them coming my way I ride a wheelie past them instead then they
give thumbs up sometimes.
glad i'm not the only one who does that, but usually only to those who snub me

Originally Posted by Terrible_1
I signal every rid
er I see on any bike. I look at it as a sign of mutual respect between riders. Some Harley guys don't wave back but I don't sweat it. I only laugh at myself when I inadvertently wave to a scooter....
some people are just a@@holes and some just don't pay any attentions

Originally Posted by cBrentb
poser this!!!!

Originally Posted by stlcbr600f4_newb
well that's me!!! BUT!!! i don't ride to fit in i ride because i enjoy it. but wait is it typical of a poser to do this >>>>>>https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...begins-143246/

i waive because everyone on 2 or 3 wheels is taking the same risk as i am to enjoy something that some just flat out don't have nuts to attempt.

you can call me a poser anyday of the week....... still will be hitting the road when the weathers nice and above 40 degrees F with low chance of rain.. i will be loving every minute of it .
usually the ones callin out name are the "real riders" I ride in 40* weather too but you just can't be rollin corners like I like to do when it's that cold. as much as I hate just riding down the highway I did ride it last night to the city cuz I was tired of making the drive in the car!

Last edited by 74demon; 04-21-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: language
Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 PM

Waving at scooters is a crime punishable by death according to cracked.com

LOL

6 Things Nobody Tells You About Owning a Motorcycle | Cracked.com

"2) If you do manage to see an oncoming bike with enough time to get an appropriate wave up, you better make sure it isn't a scooter. Unwritten bike rules make it a crime punishable by exile or death to wave at a scooter. And damn if it isn't hard to tell when you two are approaching each other at a combined 100 mph. If you do catch yourself mid-wave to a Vespa, however, it is acceptable to slowly turn it into an upraised middle finger. It's like the handshake-psyche of the two-wheeled world, and the look of dejection on their face will redeem any momentary awkwardness."

Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by swetty
usually the ones callin out name are the "real riders" I ride in 40* weather too but you just can't be rollin corners like I like to do when it's that cold. as much as I hate just riding down the highway I did ride it last night to the city cuz I was tired of making the drive in the car!
yeah it's been nice weather lately but been doing the family things so much that i have been missing the good weather. so i got sick of waiting to catch a warm day. so out in the cold i went. it was 42/45 degrees man it was nice to get out on the bike... but yeah turns are surely not as fun and it took a hour for my legs the warm up. really need to look into some riding pants..

yeah name calling i get a laugh out of it. reminds me of the days of elementary school when kids would try to insult without cuss words...

Quick Reply: Universal Sign to motorcyclist