F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ugunew bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ugunew bike

I'm getting a new bike around August and I'm either getting a r6, cbr 600, or a gsx. Why should i get a cbr instead of the others?

Old 05-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Default RE: ugunew bike

I had the same question before i got my cbr f4i, They are all about the same speed, power, weight wise....the only true way to tell which is better, is a person by person basis....How they feel when your sitting on them...ect.. No one of those bikes is the best. In my opinion the gsxr tank is too big, i was in a toss up between cbr and r6, the cbr was cheaper, and rode pretty much the same....hope this helps

Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 AM

Hondas and Yamahas are top on my list. Kawis and Suzis are cheap and it shows.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:47 AM

Woah there easy on your suzuki bashing punk.

Why do I have a feeling this question is posted on 3 other forums right now?

They're all great bikes. Are you buying new or used? If you are buying used (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE) then just narrow it down to a few bikes and buy whatever you find at a great price. That is the only way you could get me on a honda. If you're buying new then sit on them all and see what you like.

They're all great bikes and none are really better than the others **coughsuzukicough** so just get whatever seems cool to you **coughsuzukicough**

Old 05-28-2006, 09:49 AM

i had the same question, but it was my first bike and had never ridden before. it came down to the price. but i'm glad i ended up with the f4i. i wouldn't say any one is better than the other. i'm going with the pack on this one. it's all personal preferance.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:21 PM

HONDA there built better !!!!....

Old 05-28-2006, 02:57 PM

would it be a bad idea for my first bike to be a new one. i just like the idea of having a waranty and not having to worry about something going wrong

Old 05-28-2006, 03:06 PM

i highly highly recommend taking the MSF course if you are buying your first bike new, it presents a less likely chance of you screwing something up. also get frame sliders to protect that new plastic a bit more if you were to drop it. i know many guys who have bought new bikes for their first, and i am looking at buying a f4i as my first bike also...i cannot go new because of the price. Many people will tell you to not go new because you are inexperienced and you are more likely to rash your bike at some point. but if you are confident and respectful to the power of the f4i, and you dont mind handing over 8 grand, then i would go new...that way you know everything is going to work correctly.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:02 AM

Listen guys I agree with Dwight thet the Suz, Katana a Suz can of tuna what does that tell you. LOL

Old 05-29-2006, 07:36 AM

Not even almost fair bringing a katana into this!!

Everyone knows those bikes are ****. We're talking about the sportbikes here not the sport tourers. And even then my pos katana had 46k miles on it and it was daily driven for a year with ZERO problems.