F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Two Brother's Exhaust Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Brother's Exhaust Replacement

So I just put in the order for a CF M-2 Exhaust from Two Brother's Racing and got the email today that the expected delivery date is 8/31. I am excited and anxious!!!

Is there anything I need to worry about once I receive my slip on? Just follow the instructions that it comes with and I'll be fine? The part that worries me a little just thinking about it is the O2 sensor, but I know I can just plug it in.

Seems easy to do, just unbolt my stock exhaust from the mid-pipe, and the rear right foot-peg and bolt on the new exhaust to the foot-peg and the mid-pipe?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:46 PM

22 views and no one can tell me anything? COME ON!

Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
July 2008 ROTM

You don't have to remove the rear set to install an exhaust.

Everything else is super simple. Unbolt, re-attach, ride and enjoy.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 PM

I feel you man. I'm going to get some pieces for my bike too. Getting anxious already lol

I'm not an expert, but I doubt that there is anything difficult. As Aken said "Unbolt, re-attach, ride and enjoy."

Old 08-28-2009, 08:22 PM

woo hoo!

Yeah, seemed like all I have to do is unbolt from the peg and midpipe and slip the new one on, perhaps that's why it's called a slipon

I'll keep ya guys posted!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Default CF M2 Install Success!

Alright, so the install of the new CF M2 exhaust was a success....kinda!

During the install, we hit a few snags. To cut down on your reading time, the new mid-pipe that came with the exhaust wasn't a good fit. First problem I encountered was when I first put the new mid-pipe on, I was expecting it to have the same swingarm clearance as the stock exhaust did, but it was sitting against the swingarm (you can tell from the picture)...no big deal though, when I'm on the bike, there is plenty of clearance, but if I'm going over a speedbump or something, I can't tell if the pipe is bumping against the swingarm or not but so far so good. Another issue with the new pipe was that, the original position of my O2 sensor did not have sufficient leeway for the sensor to plug into the new mid-pipe, so we had to unplug it from the engine and my brother re-routed it for me so there is plenty of clearance. Lucky my brother stopped my friend and I from cutting a good 1/4 - 1/2 IN off the pipe end.

The install of the canister was EZ, but my brother pointed out that the canister is tilted to the side once it was mounted. You can check out from the picture. It's fine with me for now, but I don't really understand why...most likely with the new mid-pipe.

It sounds great to me! The only real issue I have with it, not a big deal, but just putting it out there if you guys have any input is that...when I'm shifting back into gear and waiting at a light and clutch is in, or in neutral for that matter, the exhaust makes a rumble similar to the rumble of a subaru and then it'll go "normal" tone and back and forth sometimes. I wish it would stay in the subaru rumble all the time kuz it sounds awesome! It doesn't bother me but my friend figured it could just be because of the O2 sensor trying to tell the ECU that compression might be lost from the gasket that I formed from the new mid-pipe to the manifold and that it's compensating for the pressure difference (which I need to reseal the gasket).

I also notice that my bike's temp guage heats up a little quicker than normal, perhaps it's getting used to the new exhaust pressures?

I'm coming up on my 8K service this week so I have a list of things that I wrote down to give to the tech to check out on the bike as well after service.

Let me know what you guys think! =]

Attached Thumbnails Two Brother's Exhaust Replacement-img_0194.jpg   Two Brother's Exhaust Replacement-img_0193.jpg  
Old 09-03-2009, 12:48 PM

Nice!
Pipe looks sweet.
Congrats on the install.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

That pipe does look to be a bit close. Could just be the pic thou. It won't have any real effect on the pipe other then it might rubb a bit. Its up to you but if you get a pry bar and some rags you can make the gap a bit bigger. The more expesive solution is to take it to a muffler shop and have one made.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I'm bringing in my bike for its 8K service in a few minutes, and I have a short list of things I want the tech guys to check out along with the new exhaust and mid-pipe. So I'm gonna have them check it out along with the mid-pipe clearance. Hopefully everything is all good and they say the clearance shouldn't be a problem. Hasn't affected me yet! =]

Old 09-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Did they send you the wrong midpipe? It shouldnt be like that something is wrong.

Quick Reply: Two Brother's Exhaust Replacement