F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

TWIST OF FAITH

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TWIST OF FAITH

Today, I took the Girlfriend out on my 06 F4i with the "Nana" seat. I don't know about u guys but at the begining I felt uncomfortable. For instance, the extra weight even though my girl is only 125 lbs.It seemed likeafter we were done riding I wanted to go for anotherride by myself but wouldn't because I usually go by myself anyway. Today was different because I think thegirl and I are getting used to each other on my bike. I hit a couple of twisties with her back toback and she just went with the flow It was like I was riding solo.After the ride she told me that I hit 90+ on astraight away (No traffic).In the past I wouldnt' get on the bike too much because I didn't want her to have a bad experience right away.I think today was like the 5th 0r 6th timethat we have been on my bike.

Mypoint is if yougive ita little time you canenjoy riding with yourgirl, wife,etc. I actually had her wearing a littlebetterriding gear than me just in case. I am now looking forward to taking my girl on my bikeand doing the boyfriend and girlfriend thing this summer and taking her to Jones Beach (Long Island) N.Y.Peace outand be safe!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Default RE: TWIST OF FAITH

Nice story....but most of us usually don't brag about hitting 90+ with passengers. With great power comes great responsiblity. You have someone else's life in your hands. Even if its an accident, it could have been prevented with the proper decisions. We don't want to see anyone hurt or put in jail.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:47 PM

I cant really feel this difference with my girl on the back..shes like 120 or so....maybe cause its a 2 seater...or maybe cause im used to riding 2up? But +1 for Stephens comment....I always try tobe extra carefull when I am 2up.....I couldnt live with myself if something happened to a girl on my bike.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gear doesn't account for everything... be safe. practice braking hard 2 up. I'm not saying you can't brake... just practice so you're ready when the time comes. try squeezing the tank with your knees while braking to reduce stiff-arming and rocking your bike forward. don't try to take off hard on up-hills when 2 up

Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Riding two up is great, if the person that's with you knows how to position themselves, if not it's totally useless.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Okay, I have a question on this same subject. Me and my buddy take our girls out riding, not as much as we want to because well my buddies girl is kind of you know, bigger. I've tried having her ride with me to see if maybe it was something in her positioning, and everything is good till we would come up on a stop, then the front would get completely unsteady. So its not his driving, but I dont want to tell him that to fix his problem is to tell his girl to lose weight. And she constantly wants to ride, so he hates telling her no considering alot of guys girlfriends hate bikes. So my question is: is there anything he can do suspension, driving or positioning wise to make the ride more enjoyable?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:27 AM

Riding two-up is great fun (chicks only - 1 p*nis per bike lol). Letting the pillion relax and gain experience slowly is important as also bearing in mind that extra weight means more momentum and therefore increased braking distance. Not to mention that there is extra responsibilityof an extra life.

Re, suspension,I recall there was this post not very long ago: https://cbrforum.com/m_425145/tm.htm. Hope it helps your friend.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 AM

Adjust your preloads for passangers. I still have not adjusted mine back since i took my first pillon the other day. She is not very tall (short limbs) and she weighs a bit also. I felt comfortable, but the only bad thing was she couldnt really reach the tank to support herself. All in all, it was a very nice ride, she said she did not stop smiling the whole time. Did about 50 or 80 miles. She was very comfortable and when we got to the endpoint I asked how she wanted to go home. On the way to the freeway (her choice), I came through an intersection and was hearing sirens. A cop was coming fast. Blind overpass intersection. Luckily I got through before he was close. I wonder if he would have stopped if he diddnt see me. She was good on the highway. It takes some coordination and communication to be ready for things like bumps and turns. There was a good space of clear traffic so I sped up a bit for her. I definetly need to practice emergency braking with a passanger.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 AM

I have another concern. when i'm 2 up with my wife she tend to slide alot. I have stock seat so the vinyl is kinda slick. i'm a skinny guy and i sit right up next to the tank. she's is 5'6 about 135.. turns are no problem, but durring acceleration and braking she slides all over the place. I have noticed that if i move back in my seat it helps her some. but i always end up moving back up to the tank. any suggections?
i couldn't find my epoxxy earlier so that idea is out! [8D]

Old 05-16-2008, 06:30 AM

That is whyI will never part frommy banana seat . The grab rail makes a lot of difference for the pillion; frankly I don't know you guys with the split seatsmanage to take a passenger without it.

For cheap improved grip you might want to try something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/non-slip-bike-seat-cover-suzuki-honda-kawasaki-yamaha_W0QQitemZ300225097264QQihZ020QQcategoryZ302 40QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. I have never tried it but a few friends have it and they like it a lot.

Quick Reply: TWIST OF FAITH