F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Turn Signal Suggestions?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Suggestions?

When I got my bike the PO took the liberty of installing integrated turn signals on the front and back, something which I would've done myself any ways but, I don't think the lights are as visible as they probably should be during the day and thus, am a bit concerned about being rear ended.

The lights I have in now are pretty clean looking, flush and have a clear light cover with an orange bulb and a faux carbon fibre casing.

What are all of you using for your turn signals, how do you feel the visibility may be to cagers? I encourage you to post photos of your bikes, and any input or feedback is always welcome.

This is my current set-up..

Front signals.
Name:  DSCF0232_zpsb127b71e.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  121.4 KB

Rear.
Name:  DSCF0233_zps3bc38b49.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  153.3 KB

Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Here are my LED lights - not flush as I worry about the visibility of those (although they do look better).

Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM

I always use hand signals as well as the blinkers. my biggest light concern is how bright the brake light is.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM

Veggie: While I prefer the look of a flush mount, those signals on your bike are still very clean and tasteful. What exhaust are you using?

swetty: That was a huge concern of mine on my Shadow, I had an aftermarket skull light with a red multi LED bulb and, the visibility was very poor during the day. I'm not too worried about it on the CBR since it's stock, but I still flash my brake pedal at stop lights/signs and keep a very close eye on my mirrors, as well as ensure I leave enough space between me and the vehicle in front of me..as well as a potential escape route if needed be.
Two years ago I was nearly rear ended as a woman approached me from behind and locked up her brakes. While I'm glad I wasn't hit, I should've been paying attention in case she didn't stop in time.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM

I use turn signals from Rizoma

Im pretty happy with them. They emit pretty intense light and can be seen back and front as there is clear glass all the way around

Attached Thumbnails Turn Signal Suggestions?-rizero_lg-1-.jpg   Turn Signal Suggestions?-photo-maj-12-7-37-58-e.m..jpg   Turn Signal Suggestions?-photo-maj-12-7-38-46-e.m..jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I drilled LEDs into my passenger pegs, and use them as running lights and turn signals, on top of my Clear Alternatives tail light that has the turn signals built into it. Anyone behind me should have no problem seeing where I'm going, lol.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Nekro - It is a two brothers exhaust. I love the sound of it. Deep - not super high pitched.

Where do you plan on mounting your plate?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=Nekronaut;1226750]
swetty: I still flash my brake pedal at stop lights/signs and keep a very close eye on my mirrors, as well as ensure I leave enough space between me and the vehicle in front of me..as well as a potential escape route if needed be.
/QUOTE]

I'm pretty **** about doing this as well. My better half's cousin run a tow truck in the area I live in an just the other day had to wench a bike outta the front of a car. Luckily the rider walked away w/ jus a few stitches and a worthless special edition $30k triumph. I try to stick to twisty roads w/ no stop lights if at all possible.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:47 AM

Aken: I did think about changing out the tail light to one with the integrated signals but, I've heard the cops here can be real jerks about such..and ignorant as they've given people problems who's bikes has this feature stock.

Veggie: I've had my bike insured and on the road since the end of January, about a day after taking those photos. I have the plate mounted a bit below the rear light, as you can see the two holes in the last photo..of course the previous owner decided to mount the plate across the bloody compartment key lock. I just drilled new holes lower the other day.

swetty: That is quite brutal about your significant other's cousin! Yes back roads and the twisty's are ideal, where I prefer to ride as well.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Not sure why police would hassle someone for that kind of thing. I've had it for years and never any issues. But, if that's a concern, then it may not be the best solution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal Suggestions?