F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Turbo 600f4i?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Default Turbo 600f4i?

So im thinking about turbocharging my bike. its an 01 600f4i. Just to get this out of the way bla bla bigger bike. I dont want one. thank you though. That being said. If herd from a few different people that the rods and pistons are pretty strong and i dont have to worry about them. I dont plan on running insane amounts of boost probaby around 8psi or so. Can the stock fuel system handle this? and has anyone done something like this. I work at a performance shop so fabbing the kit wont be a problem but it would be nice to know where the fail points are.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Ha, I think many 600cc riders have thought this at one time or another. I think it would equal a death machine.. but I swear I've seen it on youtube you may just have to go through alot of pages. There are so many factors that would play into the addition of a turbo I personally wouldn't even bother. But, if that is your goal I would locate videos of 600cc sportbikes with turbos on youtube and send messages to the uploaders if you really wanted to get info. I've even seen a walk-around with one guys 600-turbo'ed sportbike, I'm sure he could answer some questions. I don't know if this was from a busa or 600 but I saw a mitsubishi turbo on one of them.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 AM

i would assume fuel would be the limiting factor. as well as space haha.

unless you ran the turbo through the exhaust, but i've never seen that done on a bike.

that would be sick to get undertail exhaust and then run the turbo right underneath the tail.

compression issues as well.

check what this guy did

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...urbo-F4i/page4

Last edited by tyfrist; 08-09-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pittsm View Post
Yikes.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Iv seen plenty of bikes with turbos before. ya its gona be insane but none the less its doable. There is plenty of room for the turbo to where you wouldnt even know its there on this bike. I jsut dont know enough about the fuel system to know if i need to upgrade it or just through a meth kit on it which is what i was thinking about doing. Alkycontrol makes a bad *** meth kit id just have to change the motor on it.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM

is this really possible given how hot turbos get? i mean, over time, it def would be melting something near it

Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Other then body pannels down by the bottoms side of the motor near the oe collector there is a lot of space. The hot side will probably get a heat shield anyways but all in all its not a tough fit. Im gona use a GT-15. Its a cute little guy. Then meth injection so i dont have to run an intercooler.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i View Post
Yikes.
Damn thats bad ***. its a 1k bike too. yummy

Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM

I'm about to start building my turbo system for my f4i I'm almost done gatheing all the parts, I'm going to do a full write up because there are plenty of forums asking about it but none with an actual finished product, im doing it just because I can I like having something different, im keen to see how you do yours and how ours differ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo 600f4i?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.