CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   trouble with banana seat on a 06 f4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/trouble-banana-seat-06-f4i-124040/)

pissdew 04-17-2011 04:39 PM

trouble with banana seat on a 06 f4i

i hope i'm not the only that's having or ever had trouble trying to put the banana seat back on. i just bought a 06 f4i, so I took the seat off to see what's under there and now it won't go on right. i think i have all the clips in, just not sure about the pointing ones at the front of the seat, those just seem to be resting there right under the tank cover and that's where it seems the loosest. the seat is all wobbly and not flush with the tail. please help :icon_hyper:

boredandstroked 04-17-2011 05:55 PM

I have no idea what your talking about. You just set it down and push it on, its snap in at the back. Could be the plastic that goes around the sides of the metal tab coming from the seat in back are seperating [both my bananas did it]. Just glue it back in place.

backyardmechanic 04-17-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1040397)
I have no idea what your talking about. You just set it down and push it on, its snap in at the back. Could be the plastic that goes around the sides of the metal tab coming from the seat in back are seperating [both my bananas did it]. Just glue it back in place.

i agree with him, i read it and didnt know how to explain how to put the seat back on

pissdew 04-17-2011 07:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hard to explain without pics so here's some

Attachment 48584

Attachment 48585
Attachment 48586

backyardmechanic 04-17-2011 07:53 PM

the seat looks fine and exactly where it should be. Those tabs go under the bar in front of the tabs

pissdew 04-17-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by backyardmechanic (Post 1040447)
the seat looks fine and exactly where it should be. Those tabs go under the bar in front of the tabs

hmmmmm yea so that's my problem, i knew it!! because i can't get them to go under the bar for the life of me, they rest on top

madman 04-17-2011 09:49 PM

I'll double check but it looks like your seat is just fine. That gap between the cowl and the seat is normal although I'm not 100% about whether those side tabs go over or under. I'll check tomorrow. If it seems a little loose here's something I did - I bent the bracket that's secured to the tank where the front lip of the seat usually sits on top of, so that the lip actually slides down into it.

backyardmechanic 04-17-2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pissdew (Post 1040474)
hmmmmm yea so that's my problem, i knew it!! because i can't get them to go under the bar for the life of me, they rest on top

If thats the way your seat looks, its correct. It wont come free but its not bolted down tight. There will be a space from the seat to the rear cowell, that space keeps water from getting in the rear locker.

boredandstroked 04-18-2011 11:26 AM

The seat looks fully attached in the last pic. If you cannot lift either end of the seat off the bike then your good to go.

gotcbr 04-18-2011 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have the center front plastic tab (underside of the seat) inserted *into* the front seat clip & the rear locks down, then you're good to go.

I understand your wanting the seat to fit closer to the tail cowl plastic but there will be small gaps. I see that you have removed your seat strap...that will also accentuate the gap at that area.

From your pic, your gaps seem less than some I've seen & certainly less than what mine used to look like b/f I did the split-seat conversion. Here's an old pic of mine to show what I'm talking about...

Attachment 48553