F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Triple covers - any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kazspeed
So for now this is on hold.......
No worries kazspeed.

I've got a friend that got into making stuff for fun b/c he was already involved as a hobby. Then, he decided to start selling for a fair price (very little profit)...& business really took off. He offered a basic product & later on, he also took special orders that sold for higher prices. He became known for making quality products & started getting more & more orders. Eventually, what was an enjoyable hobby for him, turned into a daily chore of filling orders & shipping product. Although making money, his lower prices for his basic product left him making very little profit. Ultimately, his profit to enjoyment ratio hit rock bottom, & now he no longer (or very rarely) makes anything. Its really a shame too b/c he made some of the best stuff on the market.

What's the point of the story? Well, if you want to make/produce something for fun or to "help", then keep it fun *for you* (I'd suggest limited product - available on your time table - at a price that's fair for you). Fair = covering costs + reasonable profit. Even "helping" deserves fair compensation for your time & skill. Customers will either pay for it or not. Mainly though, keep it on your terms & keep it enjoyable for you.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well put, I appreciate it.