CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Touch up questions (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/touch-up-questions-132272/)

chambers 11-11-2011 03:04 PM

Touch up questions

Hey guys I'm new and recently go an 01 f4i. My brother tipped my bike over on the left side and scratched up the cowl and mirror. The silver on the cowls looks like it peeled back like a sticker. After searching I've found out these are decals, what is the best way to remove them and where is the best place to get a set to replace them? Thanks.

OZZY_F4 11-11-2011 03:31 PM

yeah the silver on the side fairings are like a viynal sticker, you can buy replacements on ebay and at a honda dealer. pretty well if you have say a yellow and black, yellow being the main colour, the side fairings are painted black , and have yellow sticker to out line the wings, then the wings on the tanks are black decals, hope this helped.

chambers 11-11-2011 03:43 PM

Cool thank you. I've searched a bit since my post and found out more. Do you need to heat them up w/ a heat gun to get them off or just leave the bike in the sun and maybe use a blow dryer to give a little heat?

Sick97SS 11-11-2011 03:48 PM

Time for a swift kick to the brothers ass. :icon_fryingpan:

Frame sliders arn't designed to save plastics at all but definitely take most of the brunt on tipovers.

Unless your super picky or it looks horrible i'd leave it, stickers are expensive and if you're new to bikes you'll probably drop it a few times yourself anyways. We all have.

74demon 11-11-2011 03:49 PM

use a little heat, but be careful not to use to much. the plastic warps really easy.

chambers 11-11-2011 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS (Post 1112882)
Time for a swift kick to the brothers ass. :icon_fryingpan:

Yea, well that's kinda how it started then he wanted to get back at me so he decided to screw w/ my new toy.

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1112880)
use a little heat, but be careful not to use to much. the plastic warps really easy.

Ok, I'll try a blow dryer first if it's tough to get loose. Thanks for your help guys. One more quick question is the swing arm on these aluminum, it got nicked a little too?

nickp123 11-11-2011 03:53 PM

replicals.com makes quality replacement decals and theyre pretty decently priced if youre still looking around for somewhere to buy it from.

OZZY_F4 11-11-2011 10:06 PM

yeah the swing arms are alloy use an alloy buff wheel on a grinder give it a very light hit and a coat of paint and it`ll be sweet.

chambers 11-12-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by OZZY_F4 (Post 1112979)
yeah the swing arms are alloy use an alloy buff wheel on a grinder give it a very light hit and a coat of paint and it`ll be sweet.

Cool, thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll fix up the other side too where one of the previous owners laid it down at low speed.

jeffjones 11-12-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1112886)
replicals.com makes quality replacement decals and theyre pretty decently priced if youre still looking around for somewhere to buy it from.

+1
I bought my tank sticker from them and it was like $7.