F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Top speeds

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "A"
IMO, top speed in a straight line just seems boring when compared to taking corners and exploring the limits... even at parking lot speed, achieving max lean angle is more thrilling than going in straight line.
couldnt be more true! ill take a nice twisty road going 50-60 mph than a mile long straight anyday.

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago
Why would going 116 result in death?
Opposing cars, telephone poles, trees, guard rails, etc.
alot can happen real quick at that speed. if someones not comfortable going faster then so be it, its there life and if they dont want to risk going 150 then who are you to criticize? i know for me, the fear of death becomes greater than the thrill of the speed after around 120, on the streets of course. tracks are another thing.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Next time I top mine out I'll have my GPS on board and I'll take a video. I don't think they will do it stock. And needs a lot of road lol takes a bit longer to get to 162 than a larger cc bike

Old 11-29-2013, 10:36 AM

Hey guys chillax!! each to their own. Im no speed merchant , but occasionally i like to go on the motorway early on a sunday morning and have a good blast and blow the cobwebs off....yes there are risks but i could die crossing the roads. I used to ride into London everyday and i would say at least every other day i would almost get knocked off.....but you know what? that kind of adds to the excitement, the fact its dangerous. Usually i sit on a train in my suit listening to people snore , and people coughing and all that. I sit at a desk all day listening to people whinge about their computers. It bores me to tears. The only time I feel really alive is when im on the bike, blasting around , either shooting up the motorway or whizzing around the streets...no right or wrong each to their own...... i dont ride drunk, i dont ride hungover, i dont do silly speeds in town. I take some risks but not silly risks.

Track day next year so I'll take her out and give it a bit of a proper thrash....then i might trade her in for a sexy black Fireblade

have a nice day ;o)

Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

172 actual on a 1 mile stretch of closed road (for real). Oh wait...

mine is bigger than yours

That's one point: someone always has something bigger, faster and will ride it twice as dumb as you will

Point #2: open road top speed is insanity. As sjona pointed out,at those speeds it's near impossible to react to anything that can pop out on the street. A pothole you have zero chance of seeing at 150+ mph will destroy you and your bike. I rarely go above 90 on Sersi riding the road. And yes, part of the reason I bought a s1000rr is to tootle to work at 30 mph. Actually, according to the GPS in my alarm, at an average of 22 mph during my work commute.

Point #3: "I've gone xxx mph" threads aren't appreciated by the staff here. We've got this thing about illegal activites (reckless driving on public roads) and boasting, possibly inspiring a newer rider to do something they lack the skill to handle. So if you want to boast, show a vid of you on the back straight after Turn 11 at CotA. Or any other track for that matter

Do otherwise and get posts like these from mods

Last edited by Kuroshio; 11-29-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:16 PM

And yes, part of the reason I bought a s1000rr is to tootle to work at 30 mph. Actually, according to the GPS in my alarm, at an average of 22 mph during my work commute.
Hahha, so true! My Monday-Friday average commuting speed on the F4i is maybe 50mph(and almost never sees 4th). Hell a scooter would serve me just as well.

Yeah, I got the "max top speed" thing out of my system 3 bikes ago. Honestly kinda boring. I've wondered from time to time about the F4i, but never really enough to crack it open.

I told her what bike i had and she said "oh yes , theyre the commuter bikes?"......biiiiiiaaatch!
This mentality baffles me to no end. A 2002 Supersport World Championship winner referred to today a mere "commuter bike" in light of the RR.

My favorite bike was my old 93 ZX6E. Ridiculously ahead of its time(think ram air induction, aluminum frame), and winner of the 93(?) 600cc Supersport Championship referred to as a "perfect beginner bike", or a mere commuter bike when foolishly compared directly to the ZX6R. Ignorance abound.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:42 PM

Point #3: "I've gone xxx mph" threads aren't appreciated by the staff here. We've got this thing about illegal activites (reckless driving on public roads) and boasting, possibly inspiring a newer rider to do something they lack the skill to handle. So if you want to boast, show a vid of you on the back straight after Turn 11 at CotA. Or any other track for that matter

Do otherwise and get posts like these from mods

Duely noted....

Old 11-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiki and other sources mark the bike around a top speed of 155 - 157 mph. These were likely new machines. I have been through several f4is and still ride them. 155 -160 mph indicated flat out with a tune, exhaust, intake, fresh (good high performance)tires, new chain and sprockets can be expected. Drag limited, meaning ran out of power not rpms in top gear every time. Gps however tells a different story due to terrain and wheelspin. Bottom line, Machine in good condition, if you look down and see 155 or more.. its out of breath.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:04 AM

lost interest now to be honest...;o(

Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 PM

167 super flat highway in NC... back late summer of 02 i think.. 02 F4i everything stock. and i know ill never go that fast again unless im on a track.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 PM

I was on a long haul in North FL on my way to Panama City Beach and hit 160. I just remember my adrenaline going nuts, however, the bike handled extremely well. Haven't done that since though, I'm waiting to hit the track again to go anywhere near that fast.

Quick Reply: Top speeds