F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Took my first spill today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eamoto
Bike is easy to fix, skin and missing body parts not so much.. doesn't look too bad for the speed you dumped it but you probably want to check those forks and your sub frame good when you get it stripped. Doesn't take much to bend the front triples or forks at all when its sliding on its side...
Really? I thought F4i had very strong frames/forks!! I went down twice, both times I fell on the rightside. The first time i went down I got t-boned by a truck. I was going 35mph and the truck failed to yield hitting my legs and forcing my bike to go down hard with no frame slider . The bike slid like 15 feet and all the fairings cracked and my clip on was bent to ****. The frame/forks was straight as an arrow after that accident (hell i was riding 2 months later after i got my fairings from Japan). The second time I went down I was going 15 mph and I low sided at the entrance of a freeway due to cold weather and bald (hulk hogan status) tires. It fell on the same side and the frame/forks were still straight. I know theyre straight because I had it inspected by a dealer. The frame did get scuffed but nothing no body shop cant fix . Anyways that just my story. Both times I had no frame slider. Now I do, I got tired of paying for fairings lol.

Last edited by highercal; 12-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Glad you are ok - and for a 60mph spill that looks a lot better than I would have thought.

I never ride my bike below 50 degrees F, regardless of the conditions as the cold road and cold tires are too much of a risk in my eyes.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 AM

Most important your ok. Its crazy how different every crash/laydown can be. At 60 MPH you just tweaked your ankle I went do under 25 MPH and destroyed my wrist and now have a plate and 7 pins holding it together. I swear if I lay it down again my wife's going to hide my keys.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Glad to hear you walked away from the crash - especially at that speed.

You are correct zimdbw74, it is amazing how each crash is so damn different. I just got back on my bike from an October right-side slide at 30mph. My little spill shattered my right thumb and the doc gave me 6 screws and 1 titanium plate to put it back together. The bike only sustained cosmetic damage and used fairings off ebay made the repair much cheaper. She still rides like new but just doesn't look as pretty until I find me a cheap painter. I am a completely different rider since the crash - for the better.