F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires

I'm sure this has been asked a million times. What tires are the best and where to get them for a good price?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Default RE: tires

The best is your opinion.

Lots of places have good prices.

This HAS been discussed 85498594 times. Try searching =)

Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aken

This HAS been discussed 85498594 times. Try searching =)
No it hasn't.

Actually the best tires haven't been invented yet.
Oh, Ummmm I guessed we did talk about that, huh?

Okay, then....what he said.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetjestor

I'm sure this has been asked a million times. What tires are the best and where to get them for a good price?
Serious now,
Popular ones are the Dunlop Qualifiers, Michelin Pilot Powers (regular and 2CTs) and the Pirelli Diablo's. Not sure if anyone besides the magazines have sampled the new Bridgestone BT-016s yet. I'm eager to know how they do on our bike.

As far as places to go....it changes from time to time. But online is the way to go if you can work outthe numberson installation.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As was said - there is no best tire. The nice dry weather soft compound track tires are awesome, until it rains and then they are almost lethal. The wet weather race tires are fantastic in the rain, but they last about 2 hours on hot dry roads.

I'm running Michelin Pilots - I like them...

There are pirelli's which are a good touring/sport tire - stradas? They give up a fractional bit of performance (street) for a tiny bit longer life, and a tiny bit better wet grip. These will probably go on my spare rims.

Then there are dunlops... and again same bag of this one is better for dry, this one is better for wet, this one lasts a bit longer.

You can pick a couple of options: Price, Longevevity, Dry Grip and Wet Grip... you can't pick them all, infact you'd be REALLY lucky to do better than 2.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM

enough jokes...lol
i changed my oem for a set of Michelin Pilot Power for my f4i...
this tires are amazing!!!they are vey sticky, it gives your suspension stability,you can cut corners with no problem.
ok i got a pretty good deal at my local dealer in fort walton for 287$ instaled!!
but if you want to buy them online try google search...
p.s: don't buy the 2 CT's .,they are the same tires but they will not last for too long(only if this is not for a track)
for street use the regular PP are awesome
Peace

Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Pilot Power 2CT have the same tread pattern as regular Powers, however the 2CT has the dual compound blend, which has the softer outside designed for better grip in turns. Yes, the softer compound will wear quicker, but the improved grip and performance is worth it if you intend on doing any spirited street riding, or even a track day. I've had both, and like the 2CT better.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 PM

i agree with that...but...only if you have in mind cutting some crazy corners,yea' in this case you can choose the 2 ct's.,but let's face it the 20% softer compound doesn't give you such a big difference only if you're on a track... and having your sides worn out a lot faster in the 2 ct's case than the regular power's it doesn't pay...
so in my opinion the regular ar better for the street use., no matter how hard you hit the corners
Peace

Old 06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That's why I mention it. Your first post just said straight out "Don't buy the 2ct, it's the same tire." I explained what is different and why you might want them over the original Pilot Powers. You're right, though - for most average riders, Pilot Powers are more than sufficient. And still an excellent tire.

Also on the 2ct, the center of the tire is taller, so you will notice a slight difference when entering turns and such. Plus the middle of the tire will last longer, as there is more material. So all you commuter guys can appreciate its longevity.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you suck on one tire you'll also suck on a better tire.
no need to get performance tires that are beyond your ability.
i don't know what your ability is so that's up to you...so like noob with 2ct...not necessary.

as for the best deal...you just missed it...cycle gear $170 for front and rear diablos!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: tires