F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken
Wheelies will kill tire life. There's your answer. Calm down or buy cheaper tires

Or, accept the costs of having good tires to keep you glued to the road during your shenanigans.

LOL...Your right...I am not as bad as I used to be as far as wheelies are concerned however after putting the full system on the bike comes up in 3rd under hard acceleration!! I am going to take it easy this time around so there are no obvious reasons for premature wear....Thanks your imput Aken...cheers...

Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 PM

all im saying is your edge will wear faster then the powers will but it shouldnt square off as fast

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 PM

i just mounted up a set of road 2cts and have 1k miles on them. theyre nice so far, we'll see how the are in the long run. im running on sh*t roads in michigan too.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
all im saying is your edge will wear faster then the powers will but it shouldnt square off as fast

Cool..just to clarify..by the edge you mean the sides? The sides..not the middle...will wear faster than the powers? I spend a lot of time on the sides of the tires so I hope these roads do the trick...

Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 AM

avon supersports, decent prices, awesome grab, pull wheelies in the rain still, after 2 seasons with it, awesome water removal sipes, pretty cool tread pattern, wears pretty even, i may never buy another tire brand/model other than them. anyone else use em and like them as well

Old 05-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jfizz84
avon supersports, decent prices, awesome grab, pull wheelies in the rain still, after 2 seasons with it, awesome water removal sipes, pretty cool tread pattern, wears pretty even, i may never buy another tire brand/model other than them. anyone else use em and like them as well

I thought Avon was a cheap tire? I know guys that use them just for drag racing cause their cheap and hard like hockey pucks..lol..May just have been a cheap version I guess...Every company proabably makes a good tire...I may look into it...How much are we talking for the Avon Supersport? Thanks

Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

avons suck n are cheap.

just to clearify, the PP 2ct's are the same compound in the center with a softer compound on the edges. Same with the Road 2cts, tho I'm not sure if its as soft as the pp 2cts. my regular roads I had i got about 7 - 8k out of. reg pp's about 5k on the rear and 6k on the front. Now I have a pp2ct on the front and a reg pp on the rear and I will go with the pp 2cts from now on. I had the reg roads slip out from under me once. The reg PP's stepped out a few tymes, but those were mainly from crap on the road, tar snakes or bad suspension setup. The 2cts havent eve thought about slipping yet and I love the confidence they give. You tires make or break you bike, so dont ever skimp on the cost of tires even if they dont give ya 10k lol

Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Smile

if you go to www.michelinpowerone.com and punch in parameters for bike make, model, and intended use, you will get a recommendation from Michelin's line of Power-One high performance sportbike and racing tires- including suggested air pressures. hope this helps

Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 AM

I got rid of dunlops the 2cts are amazing on my 2nd set theylast quite a bit if u r not doing rolling burnouts I ride hard I do not do rolling burnouts and some of our roads suck here hope they work for u I love them

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
avons suck n are cheap.

just to clearify, the PP 2ct's are the same compound in the center with a softer compound on the edges. Same with the Road 2cts, tho I'm not sure if its as soft as the pp 2cts. my regular roads I had i got about 7 - 8k out of. reg pp's about 5k on the rear and 6k on the front. Now I have a pp2ct on the front and a reg pp on the rear and I will go with the pp 2cts from now on. I had the reg roads slip out from under me once. The reg PP's stepped out a few tymes, but those were mainly from crap on the road, tar snakes or bad suspension setup. The 2cts havent eve thought about slipping yet and I love the confidence they give. You tires make or break you bike, so dont ever skimp on the cost of tires even if they dont give ya 10k lol

Thanks...I am also a firm believer of you get what you pay for so I have always had good tires. The cheapest so far where the Bridgestone BT-021's however they were great for the price...I will keep the roads and look forward to trying them. My BT-021's were dual compound so I hope these perform as well or even better. Again thanks for your imput...

Quick Reply: Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct