F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct

I broke down and decided to buy the new Michelin Pilot road 2ct. I have tried several tires and have had good luck and bad luck...So far I have tried the following...

Michelin pilot sport...love it...do not make anymore..

Michelin pilot power...hated it...squared off and only lasted for 1800miles

Metzler M3...like it however...i want a bit more mileage...still good thought..

Bridgestone M-021..great tire...quite sticky for touring however I only got 2500miles out of dual compound tourring tire???? I was dissapointed however I still love this tire and wish i would have gotten a bit more out of it...

I am now going to install the Pilot road 2ct....I hope this one finnally turns out to be what I want. I am quite an aggresive rider and like to carve out twisties and I also do a lot of long trips and I often bring the GF on the back. So i understand why (especially doubling) I don't get the mileage that I should on sport tires however some of the tourring tires claim they are made for that so why or what I am doing wrong? I make sure I always have the proper tire pressure...Tried 34psi in back and tried 42psi with no real changes to wear...I was told that some guys are getting 8000-10000 miles out of them with big bikes like BMW's ...wich way upwards of 600lbs..so my f4i with a 140lbs girl should be ok right?? lol...thanks and look forward to hearing your reviews on the pilot road 2 ct...cheers...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 PM

well your going to get less miles with the 2ct. i only use the pilot power in the winter but i have got over 5k miles on them and there still like new "kinda" your not going to get miles and sticky tires at the same time. sorry summer time tires for me daiblo supercorsa (race takeoffs)

Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Well I hope your wrong...lol...I still have a bit left on the BT-021's and still have the receipt for the Road 2ct's so I may return it. I will keep looking around on the forums to see how people like the 2ct's and will make my decision when the BT's are done....Thanks for the advise...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM

I don't know what your doing, I had the Pilot Powers and got 8000 miles on mine and I ride twisties and do wheelies.

I have the 2CT's now and they run great, I have 4000 miles on them now and they look brand new. The dual compound makes them last a lot longer. I will run with the 2CTs forever.

Think about it, your life is riding on them, you can't afford to cheap out on your rubber

Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephens
I don't know what your doing, I had the Pilot Powers and got 8000 miles on mine and I ride twisties and do wheelies.
+1. I ride twistys 2up at, ummm accelerated speeds or I ride to work on the freeway 40 miles a day and I got 11,000 out of my last rear tire. I've got 5000 or so on this 2ct and it still hasen't squared off. The road 2 should last you about 3-4k if a power only lasts 1800.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 7000 miles on my pilot powers and still have plenty on thread left on them and yes I do hit the twisties quite often.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I got 8k on my 2CT - granted it was a bit cupped by the end, it still rode fine. Just needed more effort to get leaned into.

Maybe your roads just really suck. *shrug*

Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
I got 8k on my 2CT - granted it was a bit cupped by the end, it still rode fine. Just needed more effort to get leaned into.

Maybe your roads just really suck. *shrug*

You know I was acutally wondering if the quality of the roads would play a part in the wearing of the tire...The roads here suck *** because of the frost issues. Our winters are quite harsh and our roads pay the price for it. They are like mine fields...! I do admit I am a very aggressive driver...My bike works well and I am usually quite hard on the throttle and love to corner...Not much for chicken strips on my tires... I do double quite a bit and use my bike the way it was made for...I downshift quite a bit and wheelie just as much...so I will try this tire and keep track of the milleage...Thanks for all the info...

This is what I have on there now...BT-021 front and back...

Attached Thumbnails Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct-f4i-may-21st-007.jpg  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Wheelies will kill tire life. There's your answer. Calm down or buy cheaper tires

Or, accept the costs of having good tires to keep you glued to the road during your shenanigans.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 PM

I just mounted the 2ct's and I love them - I got around 4k on each of my 2 previous sets of the stock dunlops and I felt a big difference right away and I dont think I will go back to the dunlops

Quick Reply: Tire advise...Michelin pilot road 2ct