F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

time to say goodbye!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to say goodbye!!!

hey guys! i know i've only been a member on this forum for almost a year but i just wanted to say farewell to all you members on here. seriously this is the coolest forum ever. but the reason for my departure is that just yesterday (03/05/2008) @ 10:20pm i was in a pretty bad accident. luckily i got out of it walking (with a limp) due to the fact that my left side of my body is all bruised and beat up.

so the story is i was riding my bike on a side street about 40-45mph and had just crossed an intersection. i was scanning the area of any possible road hazards, etc. what i did notice was this car parked on the ride side along a curb. what i noticed was he was stepping on his brakes (causing the brake lights to come on). so i figured in my head that this guy was starting up his car to leave. next thing you know right after, i see him turn on his headlights and just makes a U-turn (from the parked space along the curb) really fast just right after he turns his headlights on. i was thinking to myself (after the crash), "this motherf**ker didn't even bother to check the traffic coming from behind him" and he just zipped out of that parking spot. so i was about 10ft from the guy as he pulled out and i noticed that i was gonna hit him if i didn't do anything. i couldn't even swerve because this dumbass was making a U-turn (from right to left). so i panicked and i slammed on my brakes and they lock up. my body leans to the left where it took all the impact of me going down and i see my bike tumbling and flipping on it's left side cause the headlights on the bike were rotating. after rolling on the ground from the momentum first thing i did was look back to see if there was any cars behind me so i just jumped to the side of the road. i tried to stand up but that was impossible due to i was in shock so i just fell down on the floor. some lady came by to ask me for help but i was thinking in my head "what do you think?" so i stayed on the floor and got rushed to the hospital where they did the full 9... cat scan, xray, ekg, etc. luckily i got out of there with a banged up left side; shoulder, left knee had some abrasions, ankle tweaked.

what ended up happening was the guy did a "non-collision hit and run felony". yeah! that a-hole didn't even bother to stop, he just fled the scene of the crime. so all this was covered fully by insurance. just picked up the bike today and boy is it a mess.

obvious damage:
forked bent/cracked with oil leakage
front rotors bent inward toward the rim
front wheel hugger cracked
front end bent inward towards the motor
left mirror broke off
left rearset pedals broke off
left side fairing rashed
left frame slider grinded down to 1/2 inch (a must have mod!, who cares about the cutting of the frame)

here's some pics of the aftermath: (sorry for the poor quality, they were from phone camera)
Name:  IMAGE_007.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  IMAGE_012.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  IMAGE_013.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  IMAGE_017.jpg
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  IMAGE_019.jpg
Size:  131.7 KB

Name:  IMAGE_018.jpg
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  IMAGE_016.jpg
Size:  131.6 KB

Name:  IMAGE_014.jpg
Size:  86.7 KB

sorry for the long novel...

thanx guys for all your input/advice/feedback... just ride safer than normal, cuz there are those a-holes out there...

-David

Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Default RE: time to say goodbye!!!

So did the insurance total it or are they fixing it? Sucks dude, people have cut me off twice while being exactly next to me, one guy was looking right at me and the other wasnt. People SUCK

Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bluej511

So did the insurance total it or are they fixing it?
insurance guy sez there's room for repair, not even seeing the bike yet. but when i brought it to the estimater @ the honda dealership, he sez it's totalled. =(

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 PM

Damn that sucks. I hope they find the guy. Do you remember anything about the car, license plate, make, model. any identifing marks? And where did this happen? We can start a man hurt or something lol. Well anyways just be happy your alive. Take care bro.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM

Well if its totalled and if you don't mind me asking if that back seat is in good shape ill buy it off you haha.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 PM

thanks white! no they didn't find the guy but from what i recall while i was rolling i caught a glimpse of the car. to me it looked like a new green toyota corolla. it happened in so cali, san fernando valley, on roscoe & lindley. we think the guy w/ the car lives there so we'll scope out the place later. i checked out the scene of the crime after i left the hospital @ 2am and saw a corolla, checked the hood to see if it was still hot/warm (cause it could have been running for a while before parked). still no luck... i'd like the kick the guy's *** tho!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bluej511

Well if its totalled and if you don't mind me asking if that back seat is in good shape ill buy it off you haha.
there's a tear in it... it's in one of the pics above

Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 PM

Yea i saw that. Glad your walking away with just a limp. At least you didnt go head first into the car or something could have been much worse. A bike is replaceable but your brain isnt

Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Damn I live is San Diego and I thought it happened around here. If your going to sell some parts I'll help you out bro. You don't plan on getting another bike?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM

naw... after this, i dont think so. it was pretty intense man. i thinks its time to turn in.

Quick Reply: time to say goodbye!!!