F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Time to put it away for the season

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to put it away for the season

Well it's official, the bikes are put away. They sanded and salted the roads, and we got 2 inches of snow, plus freezing rain. So now it's too treacherous to take the bikes out, it's Wrangler time . NowI get to spend some quality time pampering them rather than riding them. Sometimes i wish I lived in warmer climes. But mostly i love it here in good ol' New England.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Time to put it away for the season

That must suck for you guys up there! [8D]

it's 80 and sunny here in Tampa

Old 12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Must be nice pete.

We are having record rains here is Seattle. I think they said over 6" in last10 hours. Flooding and landslides everywhere. Not the best riding weather.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Another one in cold weather, we had around 8" of snow over the weekend. Seemed to warm up a lot yesterday, so I worked on my bike in the garage for a while. If I had a large amound of extra cash, I'd love to slam some studded tires on my F4i and take it out on the ice once the lakes freeze solid. For now, I'll surfice with my studded 400EX

Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 PM

Tell me about it, if it wasn't for snowboarding I'd sell my truck and move to a warmer climate.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Nice and cool here in San Francisco. It's strange, it hasn't rained in weeks...and i think that's a bad thing...

Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

We are having record rains here is Seattle. I think they said over 6" in last10 hours. Flooding and landslides everywhere. Not the best riding weather.
we're getting the same **** up here on Vancouver Island...its brutal, if it wasn't raining and gross all day here in Victoria I'd head out, it is actually rather warm.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a 60% chance of snow this wednsday and im still die hard, and going to ride in. my commute is less than 10mins and co-workers live near me.....so worse comes to worse, i'll leave my bike in the shop and catch a ride home.

im being extra nice right now. my g/f's car is done.......she needs a new transmission. so while she's saving up for a down payment on a new car, i told her to use my truck and i'll tough it in the winter weather as much as possible. she rides aswell, and is also a part of this forum (silver/black F4i...'01).

im so sick of cold weather already. im so increadibly anxious for spring/summer to come back!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

naaa naaaan anannanannnaaaaa...

it was 75 with not a cloud in the sky today man i felt like it was calafornia today!!

GO TEXAS!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

there is a 60% chance of snow this wednsday and im still die hard, and going to ride in. my commute is less than 10mins and co-workers live near me.....so worse comes to worse, i'll leave my bike in the shop and catch a ride home.

im being extra nice right now. my g/f's car is done.......she needs a new transmission. so while she's saving up for a down payment on a new car, i told her to use my truck and i'll tough it in the winter weather as much as possible. she rides aswell, and is also a part of this forum (silver/black F4i...'01).

im so sick of cold weather already. im so increadibly anxious for spring/summer to come back!
Crazy *** jay!! haha looks like you got the butt end of that deal, bro i can't wait until spring lmao...

Quick Reply: Time to put it away for the season