F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

To those w/ double bubble

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those w/ double bubble

Right now im running the stock windscreen which a have to replace with a tinted one heres my dilema though. Im not a huge fan of the look of a double bubble but would be more than able to get used to it if it actually offers more wind protection so to anyone who has ridden with or owns one did you notice any kind of difference? even the tinniest bit would be an improvement! thank you all!

Old 04-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: To those w/ double bubble

yes...the wind is deflected to slightly higher, like at mah shest area...but much better than stock.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:07 PM

I have one (PUIG Standard), and I'd say it offers a lot more protection than the stock screen. There is also a racing profile, which is much lower, and a touring profile which is much higer (and would offer more protection). There is much less helmet buffet than with a stock windscreen.

To me, the standard profile is a good balance between looks and protection.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:16 PM

ive seen the touring profile ones anf those are just a little to high for me i think they kinda kill the sporty look of the bike but good to hear ppl have had good experience with the bubble style now i just have to get my buddy at the dealrship to apply his employee discount hehe

Old 04-03-2006, 02:33 PM

I had a Sportech Carbon Series from Tricktape.com. It definately helped with the wind but I went back to the stock windscreen until I can find a low profile carbon windscreen. I ONLY got rid of mine because I did not like the Double Bubble look.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:46 PM

wow ... i need a new windscreen too. THis is good input.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 PM

I used to have a double bubble. I went back to stock cause I like the look better. I find that you really start to feel a difference at approx. 120km/h (75mph).

Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 PM

A couple people said that they didn't like the look of the Double Bubble.....but to me, it's not that big of a change in looks. I think it actually compliments the bike.

And yes it does offer more protection...I have the Puig Racing Screen (Double Bubble)

Old 04-05-2006, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: woogie

I have one (PUIG Standard), and I'd say it offers a lot more protection than the stock screen. There is also a racing profile, which is much lower, and a touring profile which is much higer (and would offer more protection). There is much less helmet buffet than with a stock windscreen.

You got it backwards.....

Puig's Double Bubble version is called the "Racing" screen & the Stock Replacement is called the "Standard" screen.
And then the big wall of a windshield is called the "Touring" screen

www.puig.tv

Old 04-05-2006, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: snobrdrdan

ORIGINAL: woogie

You got it backwards.....

Puig's Double Bubble version is called the "Racing" screen & the Stock Replacement is called the "Standard" screen.
And then the big wall of a windshield is called the "Touring" screen

www.puig.tv
Oops, you are correct. I swear it used to be switched....seems to be a miracle that I got the one I wanted. Anyway, I have the racing screen (the mid-height one).

Thanks for the correction.

Quick Reply: To those w/ double bubble