CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Thinking of buying this bike but.... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/thinking-buying-bike-but-122990/)

DevilInDisguise 03-25-2011 04:12 PM

Thinking of buying this bike but....

Hello everyone its me again! saw a CBR for sale for $3000. It has some scratches and dents but mechanically pretty cool. Its a 2002 with a high mount exhaust. Only problem is the seller claims he owes $3000 to the finance company so if he sold me the bike he would use that money to pay the finance company and then give me the title. Is it a good idea and trust this person or should I just pass and find a different bike?

R Dub 03-25-2011 04:26 PM

Dude you just had a thread asking if buying a bike with no title was a good idea and we all said no.....

First of all $3K for a bike with scratches and dents is not a good deal IMO. I think you need to be patient and the right deal will come along. I was not patient when I bought my F4i and I regret it. I know I could have got a much better deal if I was. If you're dead sold on this bike tell him you will meet him at the finance company so that you get the bike and the title together otherwise walk away.

jeffjones 03-25-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise (Post 1030674)
Hello everyone its me again! saw a CBR for sale for $3000. It has some scratches and dents but mechanically pretty cool. Its a 2002 with a high mount exhaust. Only problem is the seller claims he owes $3000 to the finance company so if he sold me the bike he would use that money to pay the finance company and then give me the title. Is it a good idea and trust this person or should I just pass and find a different bike?

If you do buy that bike for some reason I would go to the finance company with him and clear it all up and sign the bill of sale there.

Alex F. 03-25-2011 07:10 PM

does the guy seem trustworthy? i wouldnt buy anything without a clear title. last week i saw this awesome f4i. posted a thread saying "yay i bought a bike!" well i really didnt buy it i put the deposit down. the next day i went there and the title was all jacked up. i said no thanks and got my deposit back. tomorrow im going to ny to pick up an even better f4i...hopefully! im not gonna put a thread up until i have it sitting in my garage! this guy im buying it from has sent me a lots of pics. since hes far away im gonna go there to buy it. its an hour and a half ride. we already discussed the price. he sent me pics of all angles, video of the bike running and pics of the title with spare keys. an f4i pops up everyday. like the dude above me said, dont get inpatient bc youll end regreting it.

Alex F. 03-25-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise (Post 1030674)

post the ad

Bad600RR 03-25-2011 07:19 PM

the easiest way i could say this is, CLEAN N CLEAR TITLE ONLY

Rippin6Gears 03-25-2011 08:49 PM

Yup I bought mine for $1800, it's a 01. He owed $1750 to the finance company. ONLY way I would buy his bike is do what I did and go to the bank or credit company to sign it over with him. If not, good luck on never seeing your title maybe if your that worried.

DevilInDisguise 03-26-2011 03:07 AM

Yeah my man. I dont know! twice in a row this happened me! It sucks too cause the bikes are really good and practically brand new! wonder if they are actually stolen! I think I am going to pass on this one! kinda sucks though I have bad luck in finding a bike haha! Anyway thanks for all of your advices guys! so far this forum is the best! a lot of people actually know what they are talking about and actually help and advice me ha!

Bridgemond 03-26-2011 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise (Post 1030848)
It sucks too cause the bikes are really good and practically brand new!

You said that this one had scratches and dents so far from brand new lol.
Wouldn't buy anything that has money owed on it or you cant see the log book

DevilInDisguise 03-26-2011 03:44 AM

Lol actually man the scratches were really minor! like a crack in the front fairing and little scuffs from rocks I guess (Normal wear and tear) But Idk man. I wanna play it safe and just gonna pass. Hard to trust people now a days you know?