F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is there a way to fix my slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to fix my slip-on

so i bought a 02 f4i and it has a yoshimura slip-on that came with the bike. Ive noticed the bike is really loud and throaty sounding so i stuck a flash light in there and noticed its completely gutted. No baffle or anything. I was curious if theres a way to fix my exhaust that i have by installing a new baffle and how i would do that. I contacted Yoshimura and the guy told me it would be cheaper to buy a new slip-on which i found hard to believe. 300 dollars or install a new baffle. Can anyone help

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis Kirk sells baffles in different lengths and diameters for resonable prices and the fiber glass baffle wrap also. Drill out your rivits, get measurements for baffle, cut, wrap, sheet metal screw it back the the holes where the rivets were. Reinstall on bike. Way cheaper then a brand new slip on muffler. That guy is trying to bend you over. Know what I mean?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 AM

hahahhahahha. ya i do know what you mean. i was kinda shocked when he said that. how does the baffle attach?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 AM

It should be a little bigger diameter then the inside inlet/outlet. Should be sandwiched between the inlet/outlet. Ive repacked my old F2 D&D muffler a couple times. My baffle is actually inside my outlet. But the tailpipe got a curve to it so its not going to come loose and fall out or nothing. Sounds better also.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 AM

Also there are utube videos of people repacking their muffler/slip-on/cannister, what ever you want to call it.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:34 PM

I've been searching all over the place looking for vids of it and can't find any, could you post some if you find them? thank you so much you've been a big help.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM

will this work? on the yoshimura site it says the inlet is 2 1/4 i don't really wanna use something that is meant for a harley but i says it'll work for other motorcycles.

SAMPSON A-116 BAFFLE 2" DIAMETER FOR 2-1/4 " PIPE X 10" LONG HARLEY DAVIDSON | eBay

Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 AM

I guess anything that fits would work. That looks like it would be kind of loud. Not alot of holes to let sound be absorbed into the fiberglass packing. Dennis Kirk has baffles that are 2 feet long and a couple different diameter. Maybe 2 inch and 2 1/4 inch and maybe 2 1/2 in. That you cut to length. Has a bunch more holes than that one your looking at. Also the FMF site had a video of the repacking process.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:54 AM

Also you need to take your muffler apart and take some measurements so you get a baffle long enough. That one your looking at 10 inches seems a little short. But it all depends how long your muffler is.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM

i have a shorty muffler. ok. right on. so less holes and a longer baffle.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to fix my slip-on