CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Thank god for good balance/good brakes (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/thank-god-good-balance-good-brakes-99766/)

Jmclmorrow 08-27-2009 07:14 AM

Thank god for good balance/good brakes

I was riding home from work yesterday, got into the roundabout behind some dumba** who obviously didn't know how to use it...people in the roundabout have the right of way while people coming in have to yield...I was only going probably 10-15 mph when the guy slams on his brakes because he "thought" the person coming into the roundabout was gonna hit him. well when he did that I had to make a split second decision and grabbed my front brake pretty hard. When I did that sure enough up comes my back tire a couple feet off the ground and I obviously slid up to the gas tank which kinda sucked because..well im sure you guys can figure out why haha. I ended up inches behind the dude in front of me and when my back tire came back down, It came down a little crooked but I was able to keep my bike up and didn't fall, the people in the car behind me started cheering haha. I was in a little pain and kindof in awe of what just happened because I have never done a stoppie or even thought about trying one and I basically just did a accidental one that pretty much saved me from crashing.

Has anyone else had to do anything like this to avoid a crash?

R Dub 08-27-2009 08:55 AM

Glad you hear your alright and that nothing bad as happened.

Luckily I have not had to do anything like that to avoid a crash yet *knock on wood* but when I was practicing to get my license I was doing some quick stops and I did a stoppie on accident. It was kinda cool but I won't be doing them on purpose any time soon.

cbrnub 08-27-2009 10:49 AM

that was a great story!! the whole time I was reading it I was imagining that trick that stunters do where they stoppie then crush a coke can on the ground with their rear tire. congrats on the baller move.

skoobydoobie 08-27-2009 02:29 PM

My story is kinda similar. A car full of teenage girls pulled up next to me and my brother-in-law at a red light. The right lane ends right after the light, and I wasn't about to let them get in front of me. Anyways bike kinda lags till 4-5K, but then all of a sudden I'm riding a wheelie, completely accidental (I strongly frown upon stunting on the street). Set the front down, gathered my senses, and couldn't stop smiling for like 20 min. It sure was fun, but I won't be that again no time soon.

entities 08-27-2009 10:16 PM

A couple years ago racing my SV going into a set of two high speed lefts I came up on 2 slower riders. I passed the first guy on the inside going through the first one. I was coming up on the second guy fast carrying probably 15 - 20 mph more than him, he was carrying a wide line so I decided to shoot up the inside, well all of a sudden he swings left really fast cutting off my line. So I went from full throttle pinned to full brake ASAP and then remember looking over my handlebars at the ground!!! I let off the brake just missing him, I then had to swerve left quickly so as not to run off the road. I then late-braked him the next corner and got away from that erratic guy!
When I got into the pits, I had just got my helmet off when two corner workers come running up to me all excited. They were saying my rear was 3 feet off the ground at 80mph+ and that my front tire locked up in smoke and my rear also put out some good smoke when it finally landed. The one guy said he already had his hand on his walkie to call for an ambulance!!!

Good times...

-Chad

Zero1080 08-28-2009 12:17 PM

I was on the street, with my ex about a month ago, and we were in the same, right lane ends situation. So I got on it to pass the guy to my left, and sure enough, up comes the front end, about to BP, and then I roll off and set it back down. Not only was my stomach in my throat, but I had the biggest smile cause that was the easiest and best wheelie I'd ever done. She, on the other hand, wasn't so happy, and couldn't see why I was.

TikkiTakki 08-28-2009 02:33 PM

Some asshat pulled out in front of me yesterday (he was making a left coming off of the highway offramp) He saw me at the last second slammed his brakes on. I was so close at this point all i could do was gives a little brake and swerve around the front of him....My right side foot pegs left a huge scratch/tear across over half of his brand new black honda civics front bumper. He pulled over then got out and was shaking... I told him off

F4ith 08-28-2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki (Post 829351)
Some asshat pulled out in front of me yesterday (he was making a left coming off of the highway offramp) He saw me at the last second slammed his brakes on. I was so close at this point all i could do was gives a little brake and swerve around the front of him....My right side foot pegs left a huge scratch/tear across over half of his brand new black honda civics front bumper. He pulled over then got out and was shaking... I told him off

What's with those morons and braking when they see someone behind them?? Some old asian lady cut me off so I honked and she braked...Lol are your foot pegs ok?