CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Tank Bag (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/tank-bag-99282/)

Drew212 08-19-2009 12:02 PM

Tank Bag

I'm looking for a tank bag for my F4i, does anyone have any recommendations/horror stories? I definitely want one that has a clear map pocket on top, preferably straps on, and some way of locking closed so people cant fiddle with my stuff.

Aken 08-19-2009 02:47 PM

Only thing I can say is I have an Ogio Tanker bag and it's HUGE. Great if I want to haul a lot of stuff, but very impractical for just stashing my cell/wallet/etc. There's a smaller version also, complete with map pocket and straps. Give that a shot maybe.

Also I wouldn't recommend locking your bag. If you're going to have an opportunity where people will be fiddling with your stuff, you'll be away from the bike for a while, and you should just take the bag with you (most have backpack straps and stuff). Locking the bag is just an inconvenience to you or the guy who steals your bag. My opinion that is.

woot 08-19-2009 02:55 PM

I have cortech 14L and it is good for day to day stuff... it's a bit smaller than I'd personally want for long distance touring. I have the magnetic one and I have tested to speeds over 120 mph in a closed environment. It will not move.

F4ith 08-19-2009 03:07 PM

I don't have this, but I've read about it and it seems pretty good. The Icon Urban tank bag. "A magnetic-mount tank bag, backpack and helmet carrier, all in one" Also has a clear map pocket and mp3 compartment. It even comes in 6 different colors. Lol sounds like I'm advertising for them but I'm not. I was just looking into bags and this one seemed to fit everything I needed.

johnnyx 08-19-2009 03:13 PM

I have the icon urban and I ****ING LOVE IT. I can take an entire weekend's worth of clothes and toiletries in there, plus my laptop. The top window is an awesome place to throw your GPS, and the helmet straps hold the helmet in a good place, and it dosn't slip out, even when running. Converting from tank bag to backpack takes about a minute, which is annoying if you're going to be on and off the bike all day, but for two-way trips its awesome.

Sounds like you want a permanent tank bag though, given your security questions. I'm not aware of anything like that.

Elfling 08-19-2009 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx (Post 825386)
I have the icon urban and I ****ING LOVE IT. I can take an entire weekend's worth of clothes and toiletries in there, plus my laptop. The top window is an awesome place to throw your GPS, and the helmet straps hold the helmet in a good place, and it dosn't slip out, even when running. Converting from tank bag to backpack takes about a minute, which is annoying if you're going to be on and off the bike all day, but for two-way trips its awesome.

Sounds like you want a permanent tank bag though, given your security questions. I'm not aware of anything like that.

+1 on this bag, I have the same one.

Drew212 08-19-2009 11:19 PM

Yes i was looking for more of a permanent tank bag, but if the icon switches to a backpack easily and I can fit all my books in there I might go ahead and get it.

Indiana Hurricane 08-19-2009 11:41 PM

Love it

Originally Posted by johnnyx (Post 825386)

Love it :icon_bike:

kukku 08-20-2009 03:35 AM

I bought a Bagster tank bag and tank cover and they are brilliant. This system is the non magnet type and therefore won't scratch the tank. Bit on the expensive side but worth it since you get extra paint protection form the cover when not using the bag. Also, they have various sizes and styles of bags and mine is expandable.

shawnyc01f4i 08-20-2009 06:47 AM

Definitley get a magnetic bag, Joe Rocket has the best ones and they are not too expensive. I've had mine for a while now and its perfect for work lunches, running to the store, touring, etc.